Rx qbank updated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DIMC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has the UsmleRx bank been updated with the 2012 FA references?

Kaplan hasnt so I was wondering if Rx had considering the fact that they publish the book so they should be the first ones with an updated bank.

Members don't see this ad.

i havent bought any Qbank yet,just wan to clarify that is it only usmlerx answer refer to updated first aid's pages
is it advisable to buy updated version of 1st aid?

Members don't see this ad :)
i havent bought any Qbank yet,just wan to clarify that is it only usmlerx answer refer to updated first aid's pages
is it advisable to buy updated version of 1st aid?

I read the 2009 FA cover to cover before starting USMLE Rx (I'm about 1/3 through the QBank at this point), yet the PrntScr images along with the answer explanations in Rx are from FA 2012, and they are MUCH BETTER than the 2009. Having read FA has helped a lot with answering Rx questions so far, but I've also noticed that some of the ones I get wrong (the ones where you're like "I've NEVER heard of that before."), below in the corresponding 2012 FA images, the answers are right there. Then I'll go to check my 2009 and they're not. So definitely get the 2012 FA. Doing the QBank also makes you realize that FA is not nearly as comprehensive as everyone makes it out to be. There are a lot of questions that target material not in FA. By all means, FA is review and it has to be concise to a degree, but it does miss the boat in many ways. Therefore it's no coincidence that the students who do best on the Step are those who've typically gone through the QBanks.

~Phloston

Has the UsmleRx bank been updated with the 2012 FA references?

Kaplan hasnt so I was wondering if Rx had considering the fact that they publish the book so they should be the first ones with an updated bank.

Kaplan qbank has been updated with FA 2012. Saw it yesterday.