rxprep quiz bank score vs. naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudentPharmacist88

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
for people who passed, how high should i be scoring in the rxprep online quiz bank to comfortably pass the naplex?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the NAPLEX or done the RX Prep 2018 practice exam. However, RxPrep recommends that you should score >80% and if you score <80% then you should delay the exam. If you are referring to all the test banks for the various sections then you should probably be getting >70%. In my experience, a lot of the test banks are pretty challenging even after reading the RX Prep for the specific section. I did hear that the questions from the test bank are harder than the questions on the actual NAPLEX as the questions from the test bank teach you enough material to be able to answer 3 related questions on the actual exam as long as you know why the answer is right and why the others are wrong.

Last edited:
First, the RXprep exam setup is not really like the NAPLEX setup. However, it is still useful to help gain some random information and to review what you should already know. I recommend focusing on the main disease states and specialties including ID (Esp HIV & STDs), Heme/ONC, and psyc, as those are the areas they seem to pool the most questions for. Just do not waste excess time over studying an area you might see 1 question for like gout. I would say make sure you can hit at least 70% on the individual test sections and 100% on all calculations (including SDN 120).