Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ryan Can u handle the truth

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Doctor TRuth, Oct 19, 1999.

1. Doctor TRuth

Doctor TRuth Senior Member

I have observed in the past month, that tones have changed from humble, interested to obnoxious and cockey and back to humble.
    THings that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Paul's Boutique

(lol)

That's a lot of wisdom for your first post, Dr. TRuth! (Good one!)

Any reply, Miglo/Ryan/VD? [​IMG]

(still lol!)

[This message has been edited by Paul's Boutique (edited October 19, 1999).]

4. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

Sounds like Doctor Truth has wisdom beyond his posting number. He shall become a most prestigious "Senior Member" some day.

By the way, I blame the attitude adjustments on the stresses of this whole process.

DocGibby

5. SD

SD Senior Member

Miglo!! You're not going to take that, are you?? [​IMG]

6. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I agree with you all, I just starting posting here a few weeks ago. There is no way I would be firing those comments out on my first posting. Dr Truth, re-think your ideas before posting them or this board will be one big RIP ON DR TRUTH SESSION!

Go Hawkeyes

7. IDAHO

IDAHO Member

Hey, I'll step up to the plate. I'll admit it. I've seen my posts go from humble to cocky to a-hole and back to just being myself. I had the fortune of applying to 17 osteopathic schools last year. Everyday I would go out to the mailbox, but nothing. I didn't receive a single interview. I was disappointed with my MCAT scores with which I was applying (7V,8P,9B,M),but I figured they were close to the average and I should get at least a couple interviews. Nothing! It was VERY, VERY, VERY frustrating to read of all of the interviews that others had received, not to mention the ones that were accepted. I sympathize with the students that try so hard, but just fall short. I took a step back, analyzed my application and determined areas to work on for this application year. I enrolled in Kaplan this summer (as of yet, still haven't received my scores 10/19), rewrote my essay, continued working as a CNA and began graduate school in molecular biology. Fortunately, I made it this year (yes, with a 24. it is possible)! This reinstilled confidence (to a cocky point, not good)which may be evident in some of my posts. I then remembered all of the frustration I had experienced last year and vented all of it in one post and boy it felt good. If any of you read it, it was not directed at anyone, but rather more of an expression of frustration from the way I felt last year.

8. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

Come on now, is that really necessary? Are you in the process right now? You go from humble to happy and humble in a hurry. I've seen it before. Even PB did it. (LOL, and no offense)
    Doc G is right. We'll all do it. It feels DAMN GOOD to accomplish an interview and even better to get the big "A". Who better to share our excitement with than our fellow peers? Furthermore, I have seen no outward signs of arrogance on his part. Practice your psycho-social skills now and look at the whole picture. I am jumping down no one's throat but I thing that guy has been kind, helpful, and encouraging to most posts he has responded to.

------------------
    From one thing learn 10,000 things..
    -Miyamoto Musashi

9. miglo

miglo Senior Member

I'm gone for one day and someone rips on poor me! Not doing too much at home gives one way too much time. This boredom eventually leads to "mood changes". [​IMG] I've been posting for quite sometime DrTruth so don't call me an a-hole just yet.

rhillstr: Musashi is truely "the man".

------------------
    Ryan
    Western U/COMP Class of 2004
    thedigitaldoctor.com

10. Doctor TRuth

The statements i wrote reflect the truth, so be it. We all have suffered, in one way or another, but the thing to realize is that there are others who are posting on this web that are not so fortunate. Thus, there is nothing wrong in expressing happyness in your postings, but being humble is the key. A trait a doctor must aspire to. So what i said to ryan was meant for all of us, but it is still the truth and if you cant handle it, go to another posting. I am watching you all, be aware......

11. Doctor TRuth

Another thing Ryan, I prefer not to use that sort of language if possible. Thank you

12. Doctor TRuth

rhillstr: As far as Paul goes, he has been more than helpful in his advice after being accepted, so please dont compare.

13. Paul's Boutique

I am just laughing at all of this!!! I will be the first to admit that I'm the most humble anal sphincter around.

I still laugh at Dr TRuth's initial foray into the Lounge, and I don't think Mig took it personally, or seriously. ( [​IMG])

Keep up the good postings! (good one, rhillstr! And, Miglo, Dr TRuth didn't call you an a-hole: you called yourself one! [​IMG] (ha ha!) ) (and, I agree with you that sitting around does lend itself to mood swings)

Enough...

[This message has been edited by Paul's Boutique (edited October 20, 1999).]

14. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

Now now, look back. There is some truth there Dr. T. PB has been very helpful as well, Good Job PB. But he was a just a tad proud initially, as I remember (august early september) and he had every right to be. I have to agree with you as well. The greater you become, the more you accomplish, the more humble you must be. It only causes barriers to others when you become "a legend in your own mind". Tell us about yourself Dr. T. I don't believe I know much about you. Are you a voyeur? LOL

------------------
    -Miyamoto Musashi

15. miglo

miglo Senior Member

So I've been recently accepted lately, can't I be a little bit happy and proud of myself? even for a short time? Come on, we all stressed lately, a little happiness is long overdue. Besides, I won't be like this forever (I hope) so enjoy it! [​IMG]

------------------
    Ryan
    thedigitaldoctor.com

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Doctor TRuth

All right humans calm down, my words of wisdom were for reflection only, not depression and sadness. You all have my permission to do what ever you want.

Ril, what specifically did you want to know, I donot follow your acronyms.

------------------
    Khan

18. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

Sorry, I called you "Dr. T." because it was shorter. I have not animosity, since I consider ALL of you future colleagues!
    Also just for thought.

"You all have my permission to do what ever you want."

and

"my words of wisdom"

might be sounding a bit cocky as well....
    I wanted to know who you were, you're a new face here. Tell us about yourself.

------------------
    -Miyamoto Musashi

19. Doctor TRuth

Rhill: WHen i said acronyms, i was talking about -Lol- that you had written in your posting, was not reffering to my name.

Actually, i am not a new face here, my presence has just been felt.

I have applied to med schools as everyone has and am interviewing and waiting for responses.

------------------
    Khan

20. Paul's Boutique

What the hell are you, DR T, a Klingon? ("my presence has been felt...")

FEEL THIS PRESENCE, BABY!!! I GOT YER PRESENCE RIGHT HERE!!!

(PILE ON DR. T!!!! A CALL TO ARMS GOES OUT TO MIGLO AND RHILLSTR!!!! WE MUST RETALIATE!!! ANARCHY!!!)

[This message has been edited by Paul's Boutique (edited October 21, 1999).]

21. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

PB.
    Now that I have reached Sr. status tonight consider me on your side. I got your back, lets get it on!

Go Hawkeyes

22. miglo

miglo Senior Member

Yeah whats the deal with the tone DrT. Are you the premed God? "Dr Truth"? Gimme a friggin' break. Maybe we're not worthy to be in your almighty presence. I don't see you providing any great insight for the fledging doctors-to-be here. I'm on PB's side. You in SD RHill? [​IMG]

Let the holy war begin!!

Hey DrT, watch out, my kung-fu is better than yours dude.

------------------
    Ryan
    thedigitaldoctor.com

23. cjosie

cjosie New Member

Somewhat on the same line as " a little knowledge can be dangerous".. It is natual, when we enter a new level of understanding, our outlook and over-all character may take on a different "attitude".

In the long-run, it is vital that we realize
    we just may not be at the top of the ladder as yet.. and our personal expections of our
    abilities may be a bit over-stated.

There are many trials and tribulations along the way that test us before we can meet our final "just rewards"..
    Moving from one level of expertise to another is a positive accomplishment, but not the ultimate..it is a challange to meet our final objective and goals...If we are lucky, we never get to that destination, becuase
    there are always challenges and tests along the way that are much greater. Be patient and you will be worthy.

24. Jim Henderson

This may be bad for business, but go to a coffee shop or something and step away from the keyboard.

Police: "Sir, step away from the keyboard... come on, step away from the keyboard."

Little Taco Bell Dog: "Yeah, step away from the keyboard."

------------------
    Jim Henderson, MD of MedicalStudent.net
    http://www.medicalstudent.net

25. Paul's Boutique

You all are cracking me up!!!

Hey Mig/Rhill/SD/Hawk/Hend!:

ALL OF YOU! DROP THE CHALUPA!!

26. Doctor TRuth

I am gone for a week and there is a flood of retaliation. You all need to calm down or the wrath of Khan will be upon you all. Look
    fanatical miglo, stop your chants of holy war. If you need advice, then ask for it, dont ramble on. Hawkeyes and Pauls B., too much coffee in your system will make you a tad bit insane, so cut back a little.
    cjosie, i am not sure what u are saying?

"THink like a man of action, act like a man of thought"

wokhan

27. SD

SD Senior Member

"WAIT FOR ME!!!" (Sara comes running from the barracks with an arm-full of old MCAT books just waiting to be used as ammunition...) I think the "enemy" has been trying to keep me from fighting with my comrades. I have been getting this "Sorry, this server is down message" for the past week. I'm happy to stand up and fight with Miglo, PB, and all of my other fellow Senior Members. [​IMG]

Long Live the Chihuahua!

------------------
    Sara
    Class of 2004 at XXXXX

28. Doctor TRuth

SD you too, I am surprized!

------------------
    Khan

29. SD

SD Senior Member

DT- you do know that my reply was a joke, don't you? I, too, could tell everyone the tale of me getting into med school, and what I had to do to get there. It has been my dream for years to be where I'm at now, and I'm glad that Miglo and others have supported me. Go back and check the logs from last June when I was a meager member looking for advice. I scored a 6, yes a 6, and was adamantly told by many not even to apply. Now I sit here content with myself and my successes. I hope that I am able to help those you are now in my old position. I offer advice to any who ask of it, and yes, I do throw in some humor to help alleviate the stress and difficulties of the otherwise frustrating application process. My post was merely a joke, that's all. Though, I would like to find a way to used my old MCAT books for some kind of ammunition. Hmm, maybe I'll just have a huge bonfire. Any suggestions?

------------------
    Sara
    Class of 2004 at XXXXX

30. miglo

miglo Senior Member

I doubt I need any advice from you DT. If I did I would probably ask SD, PB, or RHill. Peace.

------------------
    Ryan
    thedigitaldoctor.com

31. Doctor TRuth

SD, I was kiding as well....Dont take it seriously. Congratulations on your acceptance, as you and all of us have realized that hard work pays off at one time or another, i will be the first to admit.

Miglo, i am really getting tired of your lame responses. If you dont need help, then dont request. PEACE

32. Toran

Toran Senior Member

This "lounge" is becoming a chat room...
    Should we take this forum to a boxing ring, a chat room, or a medical advice lounge?
    Hmmmmm.
    I have received excellent advice regarding the different merits, dates, and expectations of medical school. But, this is getting a little silly don't you think?
    Toran

33. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

Oh my god,
    I go away for a couple interviews and look what happens. I feel like you guys had a party at my house while I was gone.... hahaha
    I seemed to miss out. Did anyone post or read last year? Does anyone remember DOGBOY?
    Just curious.......

34. Doctor TRuth

rhil, come join the fun, it has just begun.
    Where did you interview and how were they?

------------------
    Khan

35. Doctor TRuth

Hawkeyes, try not to overtly support the Hawks in your next post. Just a thought...

------------------
    Khan

36. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

Geez Doctor TRuth, your making enemies faster then they can register. It's all fun and games until someone gets a rejection.

Incidently, someone here had an excellent idea. We need a live chat med student lounge. Just a suggestion for the studentdoctor network.

DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

37. Doctor TRuth

D.Gibby, I am just trying to relieve stress of off everyone by diveriting their attention.....no need for a chat room yet

------------------
    Khan

38. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Dr. Truth:

Hey I must admit that our football team has been shakey the past couple of years, but I have a feeling that the basketball team will surprise a few people. Besides the University of Iowa has an excellent medical program, you should check it out if you haven't already.

What color do you bleed??
    Go Hawkeyes

39. Doctor TRuth

Hawkeyes, Isnt Iowa a public school?

------------------
    Khan

40. miglo

miglo Senior Member

"Miglo, i am really getting tired of your lame responses. If you dont need help, then dont request"

*cough* *cough*...my responses are "lame"? Hahhaa...comming from you, now that is lame. And since when am I "requesting" your help?

41. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

I have interviewed at TUCOM and AZCOM so far. Two thumbs up for the beautiful weather in Phoenix and the beautiful girls at ASU!!!

------------------
    -Miyamoto Musashi

42. Doctor TRuth

Miglo, take one spoon of Nyquail and its should take care of the cough....

------------------
    Khan

43. Paul's Boutique

Nyquail????!!!???? what, are you into drinking -birds-, King Kahn? How about trying some Robichicken (sorry, Robitussin!), Miglo?

44. Doctor TRuth

PB, that was intentional, if the taste is awful, at least it can sound pleasent.

------------------
    Khan

45. miglo

miglo Senior Member

PB: I'm trying soooo hard not to reply to his idiotic posts. Just ignore him and he might go away.

DT: "that was intentional, if the taste is awful, at least it can sound pleasent.
    " what the hell does this mean? It just sound so stupid to me for some reason. Maybe you lack the command of the language?

[This message has been edited by miglo (edited 10-27-1999).]

46. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

Miglo and Doctor TRuth,

Why don't you two just meet during recess and beat the living @#$% out of each other. I'll ref.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

47. Paul's Boutique

I think I'll go beat the living crap out of myself!!

48. Boomer

Boomer Supreme Sooner Member

Here's an idea, Dr. T. should change his name to hemmorhoid, because he's a little pain in the ass that refuses to go away!!

49. miglo

miglo Senior Member

DocGibby: Are you going to be the "promoter" of this fight ala Don King? [​IMG] Maybe you can make a few bucks! hahahah

50. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member

Mig,
    Don't let him get under your skin. PB you're almost scaring me. Is it because you've been given about 8 months to live? If you need to "beat yourself" must you do it in public? Look what happened to Pee-Wee and George Michael.... hahaha
    I've got the odds on the Miglo-Truth battle of the decade. Come make your bets here...

51. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member

I'm gonna need some stats before I throw down any money. What's the weight class? How many TKO's and KO's does each have?

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

52. Doctor TRuth

everyone, take a deep breath and relax!

------------------
    Khan