s.mutans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi S.mutans...

I just received email from Mr. Acone from BU telling me about the details regarding the SF regional interview....

ask me if you want more detail...:)

Members don't see this ad.

WOW! I should check my email! I did not receive anything yet!
I hope I receive something! When are u intervieweing? 22, 23 or 24? I was scheduled on the 23rd!

mm..i am interviewing on the 24th, 3pm.

I wrote him an email regarding the issue, and he replied in 2 days....so if you didn't get it, maybe you want to write it again under the title" Regional Interview"...that gets his attention..

this is his reply...

This letter is to confirm your regional interview to be held in San
Francisco, California with Dr. A. Stephen Polins, Director of Academic Counseling, and member of the BUSDM Admissions Committee. Your interview is scheduled on November 24, 2002 at 3:00pm at the Pan Pacific Hotel. The hotel is located at 500 Post Street in San Francisco (415-771-8600). Please
call the hotel in advance for directions. Upon arrival at the hotel, see the concierge or front desk staff to use the hotel?s house phone to contact ?Dr. A. Stephen Polins? and announce your arrival.

It is important that you familiarize yourself with our programs prior to your interview. Please visit our website at
http://www.dentalschool.bu.edu/bulletin/ for more information.
This is your official admissions interview for the Class of 2007 at Boston University School of Dental Medicine. If you are unable to keep this appointment, please e-mail me at your earliest convenience sothat we may offer your interview appointment to another applicant. If you plan on attending please follow up with a confirmation via e-mail as well. Also, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact the office of Admissions & Student Services at (617) 638-4787.

Sincerely,

Kevin H. Acone, B.S.
Senior Admissions Coordinator
Boston University Goldman School
of Dental Medicine
(617) 638-4788
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Ohgee. I definitely need to call or write.
Good luck on the interview. there has been some posts about the itenerary for the interviews. So I will check these out too.

Mac

I received a similar email. Thanks for the info!

s.mutans,
I know you interviewed at UCSF already, can I ask you this quick questions?

I am completing the secondary for UCSF right now, and what is the requirement for General biology with lab?

I've taken intro to general bio, Evolution, Ecology, biochem, molecular bio, physiology, cell bio, neuro bio, neuro bio lab, cell bio lab.....

which of these count as the requirement?

Thanks

also, can you use black pen to write the application and type up the questions and print them on the blue paper they provided?

Thanks

Wow! I think you have covered that biology requirement to the full extent. Just fill in your choice. As long as you have taken the biology class. Cellular and Molecular Biology was what I put in the blanks and their labs. As long as you have taken 8 credits with labs, you will be fine.

Also, I found that the Organic Chemistry was missing a slot for lab to total 8 credits. I drew a line and added my own slot.

I actually scanned the pages and inserted Word text boxes to the whole application.(except the course requirements page, it was really off) I did not use their paper. I had blue paper and printed it out. BUt yes you can just type it on the paper you received.

hi s.mutans...

sorry to bother you again.....did you use the blue paper EXACTLY the same as their's? I found paper same color as the cover but the actual application is a bit darker. Do you think it's okay?

Thanks

Blue is Blue. My paper was a bit lighter and it was fine. Any problems with the secondary application? Its really long. The questions on there are depressing. It's like they ask you of your hardest times and difficult obstacles. I almost shed a tear after writing my responses. :confused:

Thank so much for your inputs....

Yeah, the secondary is LONG! take me days to complete. I actually have more trouble trying to scann the pages. i spent whole day yesterday trying to do that. I finally give up, i probably will just write on it.

Do you guys mind sharing the secondary with me? It's been 2-3 weeks since I sent in my check. I have been waiting for the secondary to arrive so I can start working on it. But, of course, UC is known to be slow and I have not received the secondary from UCSF. If you guys don't mind, can you post those questions on the forum, so I can start thinking about those questions. Thanks !!

NO....:mad:

Just kidding...:D

here are the questions I got..i dunno if everyone get the same set...

What motivated you to choose a career in dentistry as a profession?

Describe any experience volunteer or observational in the dental/health care field, and explain what you were able to do and for how long as well as how it reinforced your career choice.

What impact positive or negative do you feel your socioeconomic status has made in your pursuit of a dental education?

Explain any personal hardship (if any) you have overcome to achieve your current status.

If you were employed while attending college how many hours a week were you employed, and what was the nature of your work?

List any experiences you feel are indicative of your independent academic endeavors such as formal presentations, table clinics, publications or research projects.

Have you been recognized for any outstanding scholarly achievements, athletic or musical talent, or community service? Please explain.

How and what way have you been able to demonstrate your concern for the less fortunate in your community?

Are you proficient in any other language either written or conversational?

In an age of managed care, how can the dentist advocate patient care first, over personal or corporate profit? Example.

When you become a dentist, how do you feel you will want to use your newly earned dental degree?

Please state briefly why you should be chosen for admission to UCSF School of Dentistry over other applicants with similar experiences and qualification.

Ohgee:

Thank you so much for the secodary questions. Good Luck on your BU interview at SF. :)