s taking the MCAT mid june too late or leads to any consequences for TMDAS/Texas medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phantom95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Taking it in June will not significantly delay your application.

The real killer (for me at least) was my secondary turnaround time. :smack:

I had originally planned to take my MCAT early May, however after taking practice exams I am averaging around 500 when my goal is a 515+. I did some research and found the median acceptance score for texas medical schools is 508 to 514 depending on the school. I have 300 or so clinical shadowing/ medical internship experience hours 3.94 overall gpa, and a 3.86 science gpa. lacking in extracurriculars, and volunteering at clinics about 50 hrs. If that helps answers in any way. So due to my low scores I was considering of moving my MCAT date to mid to late June to better prepare, would there be any consequences in doing so? I will already have a gap year and I am trying to avoid having another one by not getting accepted this cycle. Also I have not been able to find whether or not and which Texas schools have rolling admissions, would taking the exam in mid june give me a large disadvantage? I plan to start working on my application as soon as I finish taking the exam and have it done by the time I get my scores back.
That puts you getting your score back mid July, i know TMDAS has very early closing dates. Do you think you can improve that much by then?