Saba University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergrad2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m a current medical student here about to graduate, and I want to share some intel for those deciding to attend this school.

First off, don’t come here. It’s a terrible place. They are losing rotation spots left and right. Most students will repeat semesters or worse — fail out of the school with a monumental amount of debt.

Second off, course, professor, and administrator evaluations are not anonymous. Current students are shuttled from the classroom to the testing center for this. While students are completing the evaluations, administrators walk around the center while proctoring. This limits what students are willing to write down. Additionally, no changes are being implemented even with these evaluations.

Next, the island is full of loud celebrations, and when the school closes down for holidays, there are no locations for all of the students to study. As quoted by Dr. Huckfeldt towards a student, “you can always walk to Winwardside and stay with a friend.” This is on an island where public transportation is not available.

Additionally, students are in class from 8AM to 5PM most days with a designated lunch break from 12PM to 1PM. Sometimes, the lunch break is stuffed with a “mandatory” meeting. With this, students are in class from 8AM-5PM on those days with no breaks. Students are then reprimanded for eating in classrooms. This is unacceptable.

Another issue was the school adding a histology shelf for first semesters. The school was naive and did not prepare students well enough for this shelf exam. Many students failed miserably and failed out of the semester as a result. The school had no idea what content was going to be on the exam. Instead of doing a testrun, they implemented the exam. This, in my opinion, is a money-gaining tactic so that students fail and have to repeat the course.

Lastly, the school has been charging students over the last few semesters a “lab fee” despite not giving any labs for the students. This has been brought up to he school, but nothing has been done. They have kept $200 from each student without providing labs, especially for students in the 4th semester class.

Message me if you have any questions, but don’t attend here. Decide on other international medical schools if you can’t get into US schools — Ross, AUA, AUC.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you actually get an MD? On the world list of medical schools it says the MD program was discontinued and now it's a Masters of Science program. Can you Confirm? I'm in Canada trying to figure out whether it's worth it or not. Thx

I’m a current medical student here about to graduate, and I want to share some intel for those deciding to attend this school.

First off, don’t come here. It’s a terrible place. They are losing rotation spots left and right. Most students will repeat semesters or worse — fail out of the school with a monumental amount of debt.

Second off, course, professor, and administrator evaluations are not anonymous. Current students are shuttled from the classroom to the testing center for this. While students are completing the evaluations, administrators walk around the center while proctoring. This limits what students are willing to write down. Additionally, no changes are being implemented even with these evaluations.

Next, the island is full of loud celebrations, and when the school closes down for holidays, there are no locations for all of the students to study. As quoted by Dr. Huckfeldt towards a student, “you can always walk to Winwardside and stay with a friend.” This is on an island where public transportation is not available.

Additionally, students are in class from 8AM to 5PM most days with a designated lunch break from 12PM to 1PM. Sometimes, the lunch break is stuffed with a “mandatory” meeting. With this, students are in class from 8AM-5PM on those days with no breaks. Students are then reprimanded for eating in classrooms. This is unacceptable.

Another issue was the school adding a histology shelf for first semesters. The school was naive and did not prepare students well enough for this shelf exam. Many students failed miserably and failed out of the semester as a result. The school had no idea what content was going to be on the exam. Instead of doing a testrun, they implemented the exam. This, in my opinion, is a money-gaining tactic so that students fail and have to repeat the course.

Lastly, the school has been charging students over the last few semesters a “lab fee” despite not giving any labs for the students. This has been brought up to he school, but nothing has been done. They have kept $200 from each student without providing labs, especially for students in the 4th semester class.

Message me if you have any questions, but don’t attend here. Decide on other international medical schools if you can’t get into US schools — Ross, AUA, AUC.
I have heard that the housing situation is somewhat of a "scheme". Is there some type of illegal money scheme happening? I am guessing this has to do with students who are off campus after their first year. I have also read where the professors are mixed up in the illegal business too. Can anyone explain this situation?