Sabotage with Facebook conversation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ANDYCHARLES

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to sabotage a med school acceptance by sending the school an anonymous letter/email with screenshots of racist/sexist facebook conversations?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You mean sabatoge someone ELSE's acceptance?

That's low as faaaaaaaaaaaauck

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do it.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it possible to sabotage a med school acceptance by sending the school an anonymous letter/email with screenshots of racist/sexist facebook conversations?

In general, unsolicited input is given zero credence, neither positive or negative. Private, unverifiable conversations will always fall into this category. However, if someone alerts adcoms of public statements on their social media that reflect poorly, it can (but still not very likely) can impact the process. Thinking about the posing with Nazi paraphernalia, obvious drug use, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
Gunners gonna gun.

Is it possible? Certainly.

But is it the right thing to do? A much tougher question that deserves some soul-searching. Is your base motivation envy? Or is this really a terrible person lacking in empathy who should not be placed in a position where s/he could hurt others?

Reactions: 3 users
You guys are all so pessimistic. I interpreted this as the OP neurotically stressing about something they once said on Facebook coming back to haunt them.

I guess I'm just a kinder soul

Reactions: 8 users
Why not confront this individual instead of pulling the trigger on his/her career?

As I grow older I begin to see social media for the beast it really is--a huge liability.

If you're the saboteur, why would you go out of your way to do that to someone? Are you four years old?

If you are the affected party, a good route might be to delete social media until this passes or deactivate it. Nobody can prove that you weren't hacked when you made those messages or that a friend didn't get access to your computer and make those comments in joke. Nobody can prove that the "anonymous tipper" didn't just make a new profile with your profile pic and set this all up him/herself - especially since that person is petty enough to do all this in the first place.

Reactions: 3 users
screenshots of racist/sexist facebook conversations?
way too easy to fake. You could make this with nothing more than an alt account and microsoft paint. Capture the chat area from fake convo with alt, copy paste over the actual chat area with the target.

Now, something like a phone video of the person at a party talking about how much he hates and is disgusted by [group/minority], different story I imagine

way too easy to fake. You could make this with nothing more than an alt account and microsoft paint. Capture the chat area from fake convo with alt, copy paste over the actual chat area with the target.

Don't even need anything that elaborate. Since you already know this person, all you have to do is make a fake account using their profile pic, friend yourself, and do all the messaging yourself. Then you can even delete the account later.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing as how much can still get you elected president, I doubt anything short of wearing a swastika in the interview will get you rejected. Liberty might still take you.

Reactions: 14 users
Seeing as how much can still get you elected president, I doubt anything short of wearing a swastika in the interview will get you rejected. Liberty might still take you.
Lol@liberty.

Truer words have never been typed.

I know people love to trash LUCOM but c'mon at least give them a chance to graduate their first class before we pass judgement

Follow-up question: before LUCOM what was the default school that got the SDN heat? Oral Roberts? No...that may have been before SDN

If they're private messages they can easily be manipulated and no third party can verify it... also do adcoms even have time to care? I can only imagine this being a problem if someone went very public and high-profile with this type of stuff

I know people love to trash LUCOM but c'mon at least give them a chance to graduate their first class before we pass judgement

Follow-up question: before LUCOM what was the default school that got the SDN heat? Oral Roberts? No...that may have been before SDN
I'm laughing at liberty because I am very familiar with liberty. Their undergrad fails to teach evolution to Thier students. I think that is worth the mockery.

I'm laughing at liberty because I am very familiar with liberty. Their undergrad fails to teach evolution to Thier students. I think that is worth the mockery.
I'll agree that's pretty out there-- but the med school is a separate entity.

CNU, and before that RVU. There is a long, rich history of certain schools taking SDN heat. It's one of our favorite pastimes.

I've seen people get fired for their posts on social media so it's definitely possible.

Truer words have never been typed.
putin.gif