Sackler School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rusty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the reputation of the Sackler School of Medicine in Israel?

Members don't see this ad.

Excellent. Sackler has a long history of graduating physicians who return to the US for residency. I understand that NY residents may be given preference for admission (as I recall there was a track from an undergrad NY university to Sackler), but anyone would be eligible.

All things being equal (ie, good board scores and letters from US faculty) a degree from Sackler would be viewed amongst the best of the foreign medical schools. Some may argue that it is seen as akin to a US education, but IMHO there is still bias, albeit less so with Sackler. Bear in mind that you will have to learn Hebrew to communicate with patients in your clinical years.

Hope this helps.

kiberlicox is correct. I would add this:

As with any medical school abroad where foreign language will prove a needed component, attendance of language school FULL-TIME while in immersion in the country PRIOR to studying medicine is STRONGLY advisable.

(This of course assumes you are not already versed in the language.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info.

I've always heard Sackler had a much better reputation here in the US than most foreign schools, but have never been able to figure out why. I don't think they're any different from any of the other foreign schools.

Did I miss something?

W.