Sackler School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doren

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been looking at Sackler School of Medicine in Tel Aviv and I was wondering if anyone knows any difficulty in getting into 1st choice residency programs in the US upon completion of the MD program. Any other info on Sackler would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sackler does very well with students getting residencies. However, you are still a foeign medical school graduate and have to pass USMLE 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I am a second year at Sackler, and I think it's a pretty damn good program.

Sackler grads get great residencies, and have 100% match rate every year. However, if you really want to do a surgical specialty or Derm you will find it more difficult than from a US school.

Sackler has the advantage of NO SCUT WORK. You learn from professors, never from residents, and you have no duties except to learn. Because the legal situation is not so difficult, we can also do more procedures.

The biggest problem with Sackler is Israel. It can be a real pain in the ass to live here (but we are five minutes from the beach, and have great weather ten out of twelve months of the year).

good luck with your decision,
e2k

Members don't see this ad :)
Re AtlGa17:

I interviewed a couple of weeks ago in the NYC office, and the interview was very informal. Nothing like I expected. The alumni who interviewed me was very nice and laid back and she was more than happy to answer all my questions. For the interview, you watch a short clip on Sackler and then interview with an alumni (that is if you're going to NY office). I also graduated from Emory, and I've heard that Emory is very respected by Sackler (so that's definetely a plus). I'm not sure about your MCAT scores, however if they've asked you for an interview, that must be a good sign.
Good luck.
If you'd like to chat more about Sackler please email me, I'm still in the ATL area as well.
[email protected][

ATLGAL Tel Aviv is safer than Brooklyn. You have, statistically a greater chance of being shot in most american cities. Tell your parents to stick that in their pipe and smoke it.