sad, scared and confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgilani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys i'm so scared. after sat i dunno if i should even bother applying this year or apply next year much earlier and even then am i gonna get in.
i hate this :(

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like almost everyone feels bad about the test right now.
I feel the same way. But, hey, we really have no basis for being worried yet. You can't be sure what the grading curve is going to be like, and you probably got more right than you think. A 25% chance of being right just by guessing isn't that bad, and surely you know your stuff well enough to narrow it down to even better odds most of the time. I'm trying not to freak out about it yet. We've got plenty of time to worry after the test results are in. :)

Hey,
I'm worried just like you. The Verbal section killed me, and I'm pretty sure I got a 6 or something. But like Blackopal said, we have nothing right now to cause us to worry. I heard that everybody comes out feeling like they failed it. I almost walked out during the Verbal section, but then I realized that there was no way in hell that I wanted to go through the experience again (though I'll probably have to retake it in April anyway).

So just hang in there, and try not to think about it until you get your score. Worrying now is pointless. If you're applying this year, just make sure that everything is turned in by the time they receive your mcat score. And if you're applying next year, you can always take the april exam if you did bad.

I took the MCAT once in April, and walked out feeling like i did horrible. Many of my fellow students thought they did well... they are now retaking and i am applying w/ 10+ in every section. So I think the worse you think the test was better. B/c i believe that if you think its hard taht means you saw the "tricks" and "difficulties" in the exam and found the correct answers. People who think its easy go Stright for the easy choice.....and think they "smoked it." Just my personal opinion...keep yo head up

Members don't see this ad :)
My brother almost cancelled his scores and ended up with a 36. Wait and see........

gonakill, how many questions did you think you got wrong per section.

I understand. I feel wretched. I am glad I already sent in my AMCAS app, because I am really discouraged and having a lot of trouble getting my other apps out.

It is hard to believe that I actually did well on the MCAT. I can't stand the thought of waiting another 2 months to get the results. I feel sick thinking about it. Intellectually, I know I was doing well on my practice tests so I should have done well. I read other people's posts about how they thought they did really badly and then did well, and that is a small consolation. But I keep waking up thinking about the questions that I didn't know or I know I got wrong. I think, yes, I could be a person who did well on their practice tests and then blew it on the real thing. Sure, I know that I will probably get in somewhere, but that doesn't help.

I think what really bothers me is that I worked so hard for eight months, gave up everything else for the summer and studied for hours, and I think I might not have done well. I think I understand how awful it would feel to get a low score after all that work. I can't believe that I don't have any idea of whether I did well or badly. I hate this scaling business, and I hate the long wait.

****z. I still think you should have scored the April test. You will do fine either way.

MeowMix,

Trust me.. you are not the only person to feel like you. It sucks going and looking at all these posts and then trying to remember you answers, and then realizing you were totally wrong. It sucks knowing you already missed 3 or more questions without even having the whole test graded. I don't even know how I am going to do this for another two months. I am hoping that when I start school my mind will not be stuck on this. I just wanted to say, you aren't the only person who feels like this. I feel like I did horrible on this test, but I was doing very well on the practice tests. I guess we need to stay positive, as hard as that can be.

Good Luck to you!

Originally posted by thackl
****z. I still think you should have scored the April test. You will do fine either way.

Yes, so do I. In April, I finished every section with 20-25 minutes to spare, felt very confident on VR and BS, and BS targeted all my strongest areas. Only PS was problematic, but that is my strongest section.

You can imagine how I felt when in August I barely finished sections on time, felt completely uncertain about VR, and BS targeted all my weak areas. The only consolation was the super-easy PS, but then I kept thinking the curve would be very very steep.

Thanks for everyone's good wishes. I am busy working and volunteering and trying to forget about the MCAT as much as possible.

Originally posted by MeowMix
Only PS was problematic, but that is my strongest section.

Me too. Being an engineer it was my strongest section, but the Apr MCAT f'ed me up:mad: I ended up with a 9 which was a personal embarassment for me, but a 32 overall.

No harm though, the only school I'm applying to averages 29.3 so I'm fine.