senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Ok,

So I had my first interview at Meharry three weeks ago. We were told that we would here this week if we were accepted or not. I know of quite a few people who interviewed with me and around the time I did and they recieved emails from Meharry on Tuesday saying that they were waitlisted. I did not recieve anything. So I called Ms. Davis today and she said " You're letter was sent out on Tuesday, but because you live in Canada we couldn't send it by priority" She wouldn't tell me my status though!! She said I can email Dr. Mosley if I wanted too, but I do not want to seem too impatient. I heard from tonnes of people that they recieved their acceptance letters via priority mail from Meharry who live in US. I am tyring to put 2 and 2 together to equal an acceptance, am I trying to strtch this "priority mail" thing too far? DO you think it's an acceptance?

coral

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2005
San Diego
Status (Visible)
I don't think it sounds too out there to assume you were accepted. Plus, I would hate to think they priority mail rejections :( Here's to hoping that letter arrives soon! Good luck! :):

ryanl

10+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'd email Dr. Mosley. There's nothing impatient in that, it's excitment about possibly getting accepted.

If you email Dr. M every 5 minutes until you get a response, that's being impatient.

About the Ads

CagedBird

Don't Worry, Be Happy
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think it's safe to say you were accepted because the acceptances do come by priority mail in the US. As someone else advised, email Mr.Mosley, you can probably call him, he puts the n in nice so he won't mind :)
Let us know the news!!
:luck:

Rumplestilskin

To B Rare is An Advantage
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
Well, I heard from Meharry yesterday saying I had an interview on March 12th, so I am assuming that they still have spots available. They would not waste people's time by inviting them for an interview, just to interview for a wait list right?

R~

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Well, I heard from Meharry yesterday saying I had an interview on March 12th, so I am assuming that they still have spots available. They would not waste people's time by inviting them for an interview, just to interview for a wait list right?

R~

A lot of schools interview for WL spots. Im not sure if Meharry is or not, but it does happen.

GuzzyRon

Son of the Son of Man
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Under the shadow of the Almighty
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Ok,

So I had my first interview at Meharry three weeks ago. We were told that we would here this week if we were accepted or not. I know of quite a few people who interviewed with me and around the time I did and they recieved emails from Meharry on Tuesday saying that they were waitlisted. I did not recieve anything. So I called Ms. Davis today and she said " You're letter was sent out on Tuesday, but because you live in Canada we couldn't send it by priority" She wouldn't tell me my status though!! She said I can email Dr. Mosley if I wanted too, but I do not want to seem too impatient. I heard from tonnes of people that they recieved their acceptance letters via priority mail from Meharry who live in US. I am tyring to put 2 and 2 together to equal an acceptance, am I trying to strtch this "priority mail" thing too far? DO you think it's an acceptance?

It's probably safe to say it's an acceptance as I don't think Meharry has started handing our rejections yet. It can only be a rejection if you had a bad interview and all of your interviewers thought you suck and strongly recommended against further consideration. It can't be a waitlist. Meharry's waitlist notifications are sent by email. If you're sure you had a good interview, then it's more than likely an acceptance.

I know waiting is gruelling, but the only thing you can do at this point is to wait for the letter and find out what it says (Mr. Mosley is unlikely to disclose by phone or by email).

But until you find out fo sho', good luck!

tooslick23

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Meharrys my top choice but still have not heard from them yet...anyone interviewed/accepted willing to share stats through private message? thanks.

medmania

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Ok,

bumb.

hey...don't leave us hanging? Did you get anything in the mail? I interviewed too weeks ago and waiting to hear from them in a couple of weeks. Dr. Mosley gave us his cell to call if we hadn't heard anything in four weeks.

good luck

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't think it sounds too out there to assume you were accepted. Plus, I would hate to think they priority mail rejections :( Here's to hoping that letter arrives soon! Good luck! :):

unless they really really dont like you and want to make a point...no but for real I would expect an acceptance so congrats

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Sorry,

Yah, I got the acceptance letter in the mail on Monday. Woo WHo. If they say anything to you about them mailing you a letter, it is 99.99% an acceptance right now.

medmania

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey...
Congratulations. Maybe I'll see you in june. I guess you've got a big smile now. :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.