Saigon's intensive 90-day MCAT study schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saigon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background

Hi guys,

I've spent the last week obsessively trying to make the perfect MCAT study schedule. The link is at the bottom of this post. I'm looking for any feedback you guys might have on it. I know it is a TON of work, but I am dedicating these next 3 months entirely to MCAT prep. I would like to thank many contributors on this site for giving me a ton of ideas to create my own study plan. I'd like to especially thank Sn2ed, mcatjelly, nymeria, mcatmatt, and testing_solution's, as I have taken many of their ideas/techniques and implemented into my plan.

First, I will start off each day following Testing_Solution's 90-day CARS plan. I felt his strategy would help me achieve a great CARS score. I am hoping that this is the case :) I am going to be using passages from EK101 and TPRH. I will follow this with the testing solution's CARS exams 1-8, and then incorporate additional passages from various full lengths I choose to use.

The main task of the content review portion of my plan involves reading a chapter a day from the new TBR books and doing 1/3 of the EOC passages. I will do my best to read the corresponding EK sections, which are listed below the TBR section in the study schedule. Also listed below the TBR physics sections are corresponding chapters from Nova physics. I struggled with physics when I took it a few years ago so I am going to put extra effort into mastering the material. I will also be supplementing the TBR Bio 1 book with the Silverthorn's Human Physiology, the TBR Bio 2 book with Lehninger's Principles of Biochemistry, and the Orgo books with Carey's Organic Chemistry. Fortunately, I recently took human physiology, a year of biochemistry, and analytical chemistry this past year. I did well in these three classes so I am hoping that the content review on these subjects will be easier than others. Every week I will loop back and do the second 1/3 of TBR passages. I will loop back and do the last 1/3 after content review. As you can see, there are a ton of passages in this plan. Since I am studying full time I think I can do the passages and spend plenty of time reviewing my mistakes so that I can improve. I know learning from your mistakes is one of the keys to MCAT prep.

The second task of the content review will be reading a chapter from Kaplan Behavioral Sciences/TPR Psychology and Sociology. I am going to do KA passages for psychology and sociology. I split these chapters over multiple days since I saw that the material is dense and has a ton of vocabulary to learn. Each day I also included extra passages/practice problems. I did my best to align the passages from TPR's new science workbook and the old EK 1001's with the new TBR chapters.

Overall, I am hoping that this study plan will help me get a great MCAT score. It incorporates a TON of practice passages, which is essential for an exam that is mainly passages. In the last few weeks, the EK 30 min exams, last 1/3 of TBR passages, and TBR end of book exams will be another source of content review. The plan doesn't start until next week because I am waiting for my TBR books to arrive. In the meantime I am going to do my best to work through the Kaplan behavioral sciences book, and hopefully Nova physics, because that would save me a ton of time during content review.

Thanks for reading, and I am looking forward to feedback!

Saigon

Materials
NEW TBR physics, bio, gen chem, and orgo Books
EK 9th edition MCAT complete study package
AAMC Materials - Sample exam, practice exam, section banks, question packs
EK 101 Verbal
TPR Hyperlearning
TPR Science Workbook 2015
EK 1001 physics, gen chem, and orgo
EK FL #1-4
Testing Solutions CARS T1-T5 Practice Bundle
TPR FL #1-3 (only using for CARS)
Kaplan FL #1-3 (only using for CARS)

Link ->
https://goo.gl/t9HwD0

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Background

Hi guys,

I've spent the last week obsessively trying to make the perfect MCAT study schedule. The link is at the bottom of this post. I'm looking for any feedback you guys might have on it. I know it is a TON of work, but I am dedicating these next 3 months entirely to MCAT prep. I would like to thank many contributors on this site for giving me a ton of ideas to create my own study plan. I'd like to especially thank Sn2ed, mcatjelly, nymeria, mcatmatt, and testing_solution's, as I have taken many of their ideas/techniques and implemented into my plan.

I am a recently graduated senior who is spending the next three months preparing for the September 10th exam. I am going to study for this full time with no distractions. My GPA isn't as high as all of you SDN folk, but this wasn't because I didn't understand the material. I often had among the highest exam scores in my classes, I just realized too late that getting an A involves more than just killing exams... Fortunately, I feel I had a strong understanding of the material so hopefully content review is more of a review than a relearning process. I know this study plan signals BURNOUT to many of you, but I REALLY need a top, top score on this exam and will do WHATEVER it takes.

First, I will start off each day following Testing_Solution's 90-day CARS plan. I felt his strategy would help me achieve a great CARS score. I am hoping that this is the case :) I am going to be using passages from EK101 and TPRH. I will follow this with the testing solution's CARS exams 1-8, and then incorporate additional passages from various full lengths I choose to use.

The main task of the content review portion of my plan involves reading a chapter a day from the new TBR books and doing 1/3 of the EOC passages. I will do my best to read the corresponding EK sections, which are listed below the TBR section in the study schedule. Also listed below the TBR physics sections are corresponding chapters from Nova physics. I struggled with physics when I took it a few years ago so I am going to put extra effort into mastering the material. I will also be supplementing the TBR Bio 1 book with the Silverthorn's Human Physiology, the TBR Bio 2 book with Lehninger's Principles of Biochemistry, and the Orgo books with Carey's Organic Chemistry. Fortunately, I recently took human physiology, a year of biochemistry, and analytical chemistry this past year. I did well in these three classes so I am hoping that the content review on these subjects will be easier than others. Every week I will loop back and do the second 1/3 of TBR passages. I will loop back and do the last 1/3 after content review. As you can see, there are a ton of passages in this plan. Since I am studying full time I think I can do the passages and spend plenty of time reviewing my mistakes so that I can improve. I know learning from your mistakes is one of the keys to MCAT prep.

The second task of the content review will be reading a chapter from Kaplan Behavioral Sciences/TPR Psychology and Sociology. I am going to do KA passages for psychology and sociology. I split these chapters over multiple days since I saw that the material is dense and has a ton of vocabulary to learn. Each day I also included extra passages/practice problems. I did my best to align the passages from TPR's new science workbook and the old EK 1001's with the new TBR chapters.

Overall, I am hoping that this study plan will help me get a great MCAT score. It incorporates a TON of practice passages, which is essential for an exam that is mainly passages. In the last few weeks, the EK 30 min exams, last 1/3 of TBR passages, and TBR end of book exams will be another source of content review. The plan doesn't start until next week because I am waiting for my TBR books to arrive. In the meantime I am going to do my best to work through the Kaplan behavioral sciences book, and hopefully Nova physics, because that would save me a ton of time during content review.

I don't have a set strategy yet for how I plan on reading the chapters, if I plan on taking notes, etc... I will try a few approaches over this next week and see what is most effective and what I am most comfortable with.

Thanks for reading, and I am looking forward to feedback!

Saigon

Materials
NEW TBR physics, bio, gen chem, and orgo Books
EK 9th edition MCAT complete study package
AAMC Materials - Sample exam, practice exam, section banks, question packs
EK 101 Verbal
TPR Hyperlearning
TPR Science Workbook 2015
EK 1001 physics, gen chem, and orgo
EK FL #1-4
Testing Solutions CARS T1-T5 Practice Bundle
TPR FL #1-3 (only using for CARS)
Kaplan FL #1-3 (only using for CARS)

Link ->

I think you might've spent as much time making this as i did studying...

Reactions: 3 users
:dead::dead::dead::dead:

I felt I wanted to plan everything out in as much detail as possible to save me time later on. The key is sticking to this plan!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently planning on taking the test Jan 28. I may change that to March 22. I recently discovered 7sage's the blind review method and really wished I reviewed all of my materials using that approach. I feel like I would have gotten a lot more out of the materials I bought if I had used it earlier. My CARS is still not where I want it to be so that would be the main reason I postpone my exam further. If I postpone I will do one practice test a week and thoroughly review it the rest of the week, as well as additional cars practice and a daily review of altius's mcat outline. I'll let you know how I guys do.

Hey I am trying to use new TPRH for studying, but the passages by topic isn't matching. I think there are some mistakes because you deleted the cell or something. Can you please update the chart please? Thank you so much.