Saint Joseph (USJ) school of pharmacy c/o '17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDMe16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UNIVERSITY OF SAINT JOSEPH SCHOOL OF PHARMACY c/o '17

Soooo anyone been accepted yet and plan on going? Or does anyone have an upcoming interview?

I interviewed a few weeks back and have been accepted and am definitely accepting my offer!

Members don't see this ad.

Soooo anyone been accepted yet and plan on going? Or does anyone have an upcoming interview?

I interviewed a few weeks back and have been accepted and am definitely accepting my offer!

Hey! I just applied few days ago so I am not expecting anything until next month or so. How was the interview? How were the math/writing assessments like?

Congrats on your acceptance! :) what's ur stats?

Upcoming interview November 11th! How was the whole process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I just applied few days ago so I am not expecting anything until next month or so. How was the interview? How were the math/writing assessments like?

Congrats on your acceptance! :) what's ur stats?

Thank you! The school took it's time letting me know when they received my application so I had to call to confirm they even got it. And right after that I got the email Saying they received my app (even though they got it about 2-3 weeks before that). And I got a call 2 weeks later offering me an interview. Anyways, the whole admissions team has been so helpful! Btw the admissions committee meets every other Thursday! They met last Thursday (Oct 10) if you kind of want to get a feel for when you should expect calls! I got my interview offer call on the Thursday they met and my acceptance call on a Thursday. Just a helpful tip! The interview was very relaxed. It's 2 faculty members per student. My interview consisted of only 3 students so def not a cattle call interview. Which I really liked! The faculty members explain the school curriculum and all during the interview and read from a list of 10 pre set questions. They have your PCAT scores and transcript in front of them too for verification. It's a total of about 40mins. The math is pretty simple and straightforward. Mainly statistics and conversion problems, a few calc problems. It was a breeze. The essays aren't bad either. You get to choose 1 from a list of 6. All pretty simple to write about! You have a total of 1 hour 45 mins to do both math and writing combined. Then you go for a student-run tour of the campus. That takes about 40 mins. We were done with the whole thing in about 2.5 hours

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Thank you! The school took it's time letting me know when they received my application so I had to call to confirm they even got it. And right after that I got the email Saying they received my app (even though they got it about 2-3 weeks before that). And I got a call 2 weeks later offering me an interview. Anyways, the whole admissions team has been so helpful! Btw the admissions committee meets every other Thursday! They met last Thursday (Oct 10) if you kind of want to get a feel for when you should expect calls! I got my interview offer call on the Thursday they met and my acceptance call on a Thursday. Just a helpful tip! The interview was very relaxed. It's 2 faculty members per student. My interview consisted of only 3 students so def not a cattle call interview. Which I really liked! The faculty members explain the school curriculum and all during the interview and read from a list of 10 pre set questions. They have your PCAT scores and transcript in front of them too for verification. It's a total of about 40mins. The math is pretty simple and straightforward. Mainly statistics and conversion problems, a few calc problems. It was a breeze. The essays aren't bad either. You get to choose 1 from a list of 6. All pretty simple to write about! You have a total of 1 hour 45 mins to do both math and writing combined. Then you go for a student-run tour of the campus. That takes about 40 mins. We were done with the whole thing in about 2.5 hours

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Thanks for the elaborate reply :) could u detail on the type of questions? Im paranoid abt math, esp probability n calc stuff :/ idk if the school looks strictly for high GPA students, whats ur take on that?

Thanks for the elaborate reply :) could u detail on the type of questions? Im paranoid abt math, esp probability n calc stuff :/ idk if the school looks strictly for high GPA students, whats ur take on that?

No problem! The questions are general interview questions you would be expected to answer at any interview. I wouldn't worry about it. And like I said, there are just a few calc questions (like 2 I believe) so I wouldn't stress over that too! I don't know how they grade or make considerations based on the math/writing anyways. Like I don't know how it factors in. And I can't speak for the school, but I didn't have a high GPA at all! My PCAT score was impressive though so I can definitely say that GPA isn't all they're looking for!

No problem! The questions are general interview questions you would be expected to answer at any interview. I wouldn't worry about it. And like I said, there are just a few calc questions (like 2 I believe) so I wouldn't stress over that too! I don't know how they grade or make considerations based on the math/writing anyways. Like I don't know how it factors in. And I can't speak for the school, but I didn't have a high GPA at all! My PCAT score was impressive though so I can definitely say that GPA isn't all they're looking for!

Hi, Can you share your PCAT score if you don't mind. Thanks

Does anyone have any tips for places to stay close-by or different forms of transportation to get there from the airport? Thanks!

Last edited:
The first 2 times it was in the 70s and this last time, it hit the 80s. Have you applied/thinking about applying?

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to apply this school too. I will take the PCAT in Jan so kinda nervous. I went to this school for the open house before and I love it that's why I want to get in.

I received an interview offer for Nov 4th. Anyone would like to fill in with some tips?? I m nervous n excited at the sake time!

Hey, sorry to bother u again. I PMed you. Do reply when you get a chance. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted! :) anyone else accepting their offers?

Just got accepted! :) anyone else accepting their offers?
ZakMeister, Any insight onto how the interview experience was for you since you were the most recent. I have mine the week after Thanksgiving? Is it just you and two faculty or are the other students in the interview with you as well?

ZakMeister, Any insight onto how the interview experience was for you since you were the most recent. I have mine the week after Thanksgiving? Is it just you and two faculty or are the other students in the interview with you as well?
Hey, it was just the two faculties. The interview was straightforward. There were questions like why pharmacy, usj n how u can contribute there, what qualities r essential to become a pharmacist, some simple scenario questions..its not that bad. The school is pretty new so im considering my options. The people are really nice though! Goodluck on ur interview!

Hey, it was just the two faculties. The interview was straightforward. There were questions like why pharmacy, usj n how u can contribute there, what qualities r essential to become a pharmacist, some simple scenario questions..its not that bad. The school is pretty new so im considering my options. The people are really nice though! Goodluck on ur interview!
Does anyone know why they request us to bring in more copies of transcripts for the interview? And did you get the call for the interview before PharmCAS mailed out your applications?

Does anyone know why they request us to bring in more copies of transcripts for the interview? And did you get the call for the interview before PharmCAS mailed out your applications?
Erm almost, like two days after that. They accessed my info thru real time. If you already havent sent an official transcript to them (which I believe isnt mandatory) then you better take one with you. It was written in red in my interview email

Got accepted last week and definitely going to accept my offer. I would love to get to know all the people who are also accepting their offer. Good Luck to all future applicants :)

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted last week and definitely going to accept my offer. I would love to get to know all the people who are also accepting their offer. Good Luck to all future applicants :)
Hey :) I am gonna accept their offer too. Whats ur stats? We better start thinking abt housing from now as u may know by now how expensive Hartford is. Im currently doing my prereqs from Buffalo. BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences,
GPA-3.77

Hey :) I am gonna accept their offer too. Whats ur stats? We better start thinking abt housing from now as u may know by now how expensive Hartford is. Im currently doing my prereqs from Buffalo. BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences,
GPA-3.77
I'm from CA, just finished my undergraduate at UCSD with BS in Biochem

I'm from CA, just finished my undergraduate at UCSD with BS in Biochem
Congrats TigerBAM, I have my interview next week, any insight you may have on what your interview was like? and how long after that before you heard back?

Congrats TigerBAM, I have my interview next week, any insight you may have on what your interview was like? and how long after that before you heard back?
My interview was very relaxing. Like PharmDMe16 said earlier, it was 2 faculties, and they ask you set of questions and just try to get to know you basically. Then there is a math and essay section after, and then a tour with a P1 student. They said they will let me know their decision in 2 weeks and i heard back from them in 12 days after my interview. idk how they make their judgement but, the whole process was very friendly and comfortable, its one of the main reason im going there. good luck

You can actually know the decision the Thursday after you went in for your interview. Like I had my interview on Monday, Nov 4th. I called them up and knew the decision on the 7th. The AdCom meets every Thursday

Also received my acceptance for admission today and will be accepting as well!

Got my acceptance. Will most likely accept.

Do they use the pharmcas gpa or the gpa on the transcript

most likely pharmcas incase you have classes at diff schools it should be no difference anyways

most likely pharmcas incase you have classes at diff schools it should be no difference anyways
pharmcas calculates retake and I wanted to know if st jos counts them as well. Bt ill just call them on Monday.. btw, what was ur stats? im planning on applying but my gpa is low.

Hi I just received my acceptance letter to usj c/o 17!!! I tried everywhere to join fb page but it seems to be impossible, I could only find usj c/o 17 for undergrad page, and not pharm, anyone have the link?? or does usj c/o 17 for sop even exist??? =x
oh and also, can anyone fill me in with housing info? and if anyone is looking for roommate/housemate, I am down to split the cost of living expense! 25 yr old female korean from California just fyi

and for others, I am not 100 percent sure how GPA is calculated, but my GPA was not the best so I had a couple of retakes, and I received invitation pretty much right after I turned in my pharmcas, and I didn't even have any PCAT score then, ( I took my first and only PCAT few days ago, in Jan, and received my acceptance letter couple hours after I sent out my pcat score! so don't be discouraged!
Congrats :) well, once you submit the deposit..Sherry will email you with the facebook group link.

Hi I just received my acceptance letter to usj c/o 17!!! I tried everywhere to join fb page but it seems to be impossible, I could only find usj c/o 17 for undergrad page, and not pharm, anyone have the link?? or does usj c/o 17 for sop even exist??? =x
oh and also, can anyone fill me in with housing info? and if anyone is looking for roommate/housemate, I am down to split the cost of living expense! 25 yr old female korean from California just fyi

and for others, I am not 100 percent sure how GPA is calculated, but my GPA was not the best so I had a couple of retakes, and I received invitation pretty much right after I turned in my pharmcas, and I didn't even have any PCAT score then, ( I took my first and only PCAT few days ago, in Jan, and received my acceptance letter couple hours after I sent out my pcat score! so don't be discouraged!
congrats! was your gpa over 3 ?

Hey guys, I had my interview on Feb. 7. Still haven't heard anything back yet :( Should I be worried? Saint Joseph's is my first choice. I don't think I did terrible on the interview either. Should I contact them to find out if I'm in or not or just wait it out?

Hey guys, I had my interview on Feb. 7. Still haven't heard anything back yet :( Should I be worried? Saint Joseph's is my first choice. I don't think I did terrible on the interview either. Should I contact them to find out if I'm in or not or just wait it out?
Hey, after my interview they said they will call me in 2 weeks and i got a call on the 10th day. Since it has been 2 weeks for you, i think you should give them a call and see whats up.

I interviewed on a Monday morning and received a call Friday of that week around 5pm so it seems like there is no set timeline to when they do their acceptance calls, maybe longer now as there are probably less seats available.

so who is all going to be living in Hartford? Guys, I've been researching about Hartford and so many people are saying how unsafe it is. This is making me a little scared. Have you all decided where you'll be living?

Im going to be living right in downtown. I currently live 30 min from Hartford, and bartend in a bar down in Hartford . Its a pretty dangerous city, theres a lot of shootings and stuff like that but if your right near the school and don't hang out in the bad parts at 3 a.m when most of the crime happens you'll be fine. Plenty of current students live downtown and haven't had any problems.