Salaries during residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMW19

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the salaries in the southeastern region of the U.S. (GA, NC, SC, TN) during residency? Specifically in the areas of IM, FP, or EM?
I have done a search but didnt come up with much.

BMW

Members don't see this ad.

Look at individual Hospitals. I was able to find in the north east anyway... 40K PGY1 going up a couple of K per year. But these vary from place to place.

around here (OK) residency pay usually starts in the mid to upper 30s. Usually at any given institution the residency pay is the same regardless of specialty...it is based on how far into training you are.

Members don't see this ad :)
BMW19 said:
Can anyone comment on the salaries in the southeastern region of the U.S. (GA, NC, SC, TN) during residency? Specifically in the areas of IM, FP, or EM?

BMW

Go to the Freida website for the MD residencies and the aoa-net.org website for the DO residencies. All the salaries are listed.

kristing said:
Go to the Freida website for the MD residencies and the aoa-net.org website for the DO residencies. All the salaries are listed.

Freida website?

Keesler AFB starts at $45K intern and tops at $51K 3rd year for pediatrics :D
Of course I'll be whimpering when I'm an attending...

"I went into pediatrics for the mo - uh, that IS where the big money is at, right? Right??"

BMW19 said:

BMW

$30-$40k / year

I dont think any are paying less than $33K any more. I know that most seem to start around $35-37K as PGY-1, with something like 1200-1600 per year cost-of-living (yeah, right) increases.