Feb 1, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
Does anyone have any information regarding expected/possible salaries for MPH graduates who already have other advanced professional degrees (MD, DDS, JD, etc.)? I have searched online for such data and can't find much information, so I'm consulting all of you! I think this topic will apply to some others here as well.

Stories

Life Afficianado
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It really depends on what you want to do. Degree doesn't dictate your salary, the career does.

Generally, the medicine and dentistry degrees + the MPH are usually to add research skills, and if research becomes the primary focus, would be lower paying than simply doing medical practice. But if the research is supplementing the medical practice, it'll add some income. A JD with MPH probably adds policy skills, which is probably lower paying than corporate jobs.

It all really varies.

Jun 5, 2009
Status
Best combination from my experience is an MBA/MPH which is what im trying to get. Combining both give you unlimited opportunities, you can pretty much work in any field that has an admin. You're loooking at a minimum 0f 75k. However, experience is a big deal, no one will make you a manager with nothing to back it up.