Salary Exempt 40 hours week Walgreens Floater Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winnguyen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are Walgreens floater pharmacist that is salary exempt based on 40 hour work week schedule, please tell me all about it.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are Walgreens floater pharmacist that is salary exempt based on 40 hour work week schedule, please tell me all about it.

yes it is. you get paid overtime pay for anything over 80 hrs per pay period.

I thought that exempt means basically exempt from being payed for overtime.

Would you get payed your straight hourly wage for anything over 80 hours per 2 week pay period.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your overtime is 1.5 x regular hourly rate. It is a better OT rate than salary pharmacists which is hourly rate +$20/hr and is decreasing to hourly + $10/hr in September

Are you saying that a salaried-exempt pharmacist at WAGS has a better OT rate

I thought that exempt means basically exempt from being payed for overtime.

Would you get payed your straight hourly wage for anything over 80 hours per 2 week pay period.
No, salaried and exempt means you do not get paid time and a half for hours worked over 10 hours per day or 40 hours per week. (State laws may say something stricter). You DO still get paid "B-rate" for hours worked over 80 hours per pay period. B-rate is your regular hourly rate plus an amount e.g. +$5-20/hr.

I think I read that wrong the first time. If you are in the system as salary, you would get the hourly rate + $20/ hr but if you are listed as hourly, you get 1.5x hourly. There was a compass task that just came out about this. It was surprising to me that hourly employees would get paid more for picking up an OT shift.

Hourly rate + $20 per hour. Is this for Walgreens.

If salaried exempt RPh makes less $ in OT, are they always going to be asked first to cover OT &/or just get put on the schedule for OT when it comes up. Since that would cost the company less money.

What else do I need to know about salaried exempt status as WAGS RPh.

Any new grads just start working as a Walgreens floater? Care to share some experiences.

Ok, I have a question. I just started with walgreens as a floater. They have me at 32hr salaried exempt. 32hrs is considered full time. How does this work? So if I only get less than 32 hrs a week to work, do I still get paid 32hrs, and 64 hrs biweekly? Or do I only get paid for the amount of hours I worked. What happens if I work for more than 64 and work 80 hours, will I get paid for that 80 hours? I know as far as OT, I will only get $10 more than what I get paid hourly after I cross 80 hours. Can someone explain if I am right? Thanks

Ok, I have a question. I just started with walgreens as a floater. They have me at 32hr salaried exempt. 32hrs is considered full time. How does this work? So if I only get less than 32 hrs a week to work, do I still get paid 32hrs, and 64 hrs biweekly? Or do I only get paid for the amount of hours I worked. What happens if I work for more than 64 and work 80 hours, will I get paid for that 80 hours? I know as far as OT, I will only get $10 more than what I get paid hourly after I cross 80 hours. Can someone explain if I am right? Thanks

As someone who used to work for wags (the devil), i can answer your questions. As sp8 (8 shifts=64 hours), you are guaranteed 32 hours every week, meaning you will always be scheduled at least 32 hrs every week.Chance is that sometime you will work more for than 64 hours biweekly. you will only be paid for hours worked. if for some reason you only work 52 hours every 2 weeks, you will only be paid for 52 hours. If you work for more than 64 hours, you will be paid for them at your hourly rate.

Thank you for answering my questions. I graduated in June and got licensed earlier this month. So just started with wags. Where do u work now?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I don't consider Walgreens to be the devil. I consider another company to be the devil because of how awfully they treat their employees. They get away with it too because they know we are stuck because of the job market and all the oversaturation with the new grads. They knew they have us over a barrel.

I don't consider Walgreens to be the devil. I consider another company to be the devil because of how awfully they treat their employees. They get away with it too because they know we are stuck because of the job market and all the oversaturation with the new grads. They knew they have us over a barrel.

Well, I think it depends with whom you work, and who is your DM. I have experienced the worst at Wags. Though I must admit that I miss their computer system( the only thing I miss about them). We know the market is tough. We are all are happy that we have a jb

Was 32 hours written in your offer letter? Or did your offer say 40 hours, and they just schedule you for 32?

It was written in the offer letter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4