1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Salary for Princeton Review

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by tonyjerry, Apr 21, 2004.

1. tonyjerry

tonyjerry Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how much you get paid to teach the Mcat class for princeton review. if its by hour, section, etc... could you please pm me because i dont look at this board much. thanks

2. txguy

txguy ...
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I heard about $25/hr...and your raises/bonuses depend upon your student evals...that's all I know!

3. doc2b1977

doc2b1977 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

$20/hour; i'm trying to teach Biology myself.

4. captbadass

captbadass Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got an email from them that said I might be able to teach for them in physical based on my practice test scores and contingent on how I do on the real thing. The letter stated the base pay is 15/hr. That is here in FL, though. It might be different elsewhere.

Capt

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. roja

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I taught for five years in all sections. (did it year prior to med school and all during med school). It used to start at 18/hr but there was a base salary raise to 20/hr. After that, raises are based on overall evals etc. You max out at 25/hr.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. apar01

apar01 Certified Consumer
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I started teaching for TPR this January and the standard rate was $20/hour here in Austin. I think it's the same all over Texas. Some regions obviously will pay a little more if they are in great demand for teachers. Also, if you are required to travel a great distance to teach at another city, they compensate you very well from what I hear.

7. Shrike

Shrike Lanius examinatianus
    10+ Year Member

Rates vary geographically, and are determined by individual offices (but standardization seems to be in the works); check the other replies and you'll get the general idea. Policies about travel (mentioned above) also vary; I've worked for two offices with substantially different remuneration structures.

Experienced instructors earn slightly more than newbies. MCAT instructors generally earn more than those in other subjects. One-on-one tutors get more. And regardless the details, nobody gets rich doing it.