1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Salary for Princeton Review

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by tonyjerry, Apr 21, 2004.

1. tonyjerry

tonyjerry Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how much you get paid to teach the Mcat class for princeton review. if its by hour, section, etc... could you please pm me because i dont look at this board much. thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. txguy

txguy ...
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I heard about $25/hr...and your raises/bonuses depend upon your student evals...that's all I know!

4. doc2b1977

doc2b1977 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

$20/hour; i'm trying to teach Biology myself.

5. captbadass

captbadass Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got an email from them that said I might be able to teach for them in physical based on my practice test scores and contingent on how I do on the real thing. The letter stated the base pay is 15/hr. That is here in FL, though. It might be different elsewhere.

Capt

6. roja

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I taught for five years in all sections. (did it year prior to med school and all during med school). It used to start at 18/hr but there was a base salary raise to 20/hr. After that, raises are based on overall evals etc. You max out at 25/hr.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

7. apar01

apar01 Certified Consumer
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I started teaching for TPR this January and the standard rate was $20/hour here in Austin. I think it's the same all over Texas. Some regions obviously will pay a little more if they are in great demand for teachers. Also, if you are required to travel a great distance to teach at another city, they compensate you very well from what I hear.

8. Shrike

Shrike Lanius examinatianus
    10+ Year Member

Rates vary geographically, and are determined by individual offices (but standardization seems to be in the works); check the other replies and you'll get the general idea. Policies about travel (mentioned above) also vary; I've worked for two offices with substantially different remuneration structures.

Experienced instructors earn slightly more than newbies. MCAT instructors generally earn more than those in other subjects. One-on-one tutors get more. And regardless the details, nobody gets rich doing it.