tonyjerry

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how much you get paid to teach the Mcat class for princeton review. if its by hour, section, etc... could you please pm me because i dont look at this board much. thanks

About the Ads

captbadass

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
g-ville
Visit site
Status
I just got an email from them that said I might be able to teach for them in physical based on my practice test scores and contingent on how I do on the real thing. The letter stated the base pay is 15/hr. That is here in FL, though. It might be different elsewhere.

Capt

roja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
NYC--->San Francisco
Status
Attending Physician
I taught for five years in all sections. (did it year prior to med school and all during med school). It used to start at 18/hr but there was a base salary raise to 20/hr. After that, raises are based on overall evals etc. You max out at 25/hr.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

apar01

Certified Consumer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2002
Kansas City
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I started teaching for TPR this January and the standard rate was $20/hour here in Austin. I think it's the same all over Texas. Some regions obviously will pay a little more if they are in great demand for teachers. Also, if you are required to travel a great distance to teach at another city, they compensate you very well from what I hear.

Shrike

Lanius examinatianus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2004
too far south
Status
Rates vary geographically, and are determined by individual offices (but standardization seems to be in the works); check the other replies and you'll get the general idea. Policies about travel (mentioned above) also vary; I've worked for two offices with substantially different remuneration structures.

Experienced instructors earn slightly more than newbies. MCAT instructors generally earn more than those in other subjects. One-on-one tutors get more. And regardless the details, nobody gets rich doing it.

About the Ads