KLycos

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2009
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hello All,

As fellowship is only one year, I have already begun to look for full time positions. I am wondering if there is anyone here who would be able to provide me with some information that they came across during the job search process. I have already interviewed for a couple positions (east vs west coast) and am trying to gather more data before I start contract negotation. Feel free to PM me if you would like. I have had one offer that I feel is low but actually not too far from what I am expecting. Salary ranges for academic vs non-academic would be very helpful. I have talked to some attendings that have also negotiated for more vacation time (6 weeks PTO per year) given the nature of our specialty and the importance of self-care and work/life balance. I appreciate any input.

Oct 1, 2018
Ohio
This is a great thread idea as I am also currently Fellow and in the same situation. I think I’m interested in academics inpatient palliative, but would like to explore all of my options. I’m not really sure where to start; should I start cold calling places that I’m interested in? Or should i use a recruiter?

OP
KLycos

KLycos

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2009
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I have really been using recruiters at this point. Practicelink has more jobs then other platforms I've found, and is better than the AAHPM Job Mart and the NEJM Career Center. LinkedIn is also not too bad, but not the greatest for targeted positions. It is still early but I think sending out apps now is a good way to get your name and CV into the recruiters hands. Salaries I've seen starting are between 200-225 (base, with productivity up to 290 with >90% docs obtaining targets) so far for academic/non-academic.

Reactions: Baily123