salary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shiraz

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for all these responses.
But I was wondering if all these salaries that you have mentioned like 130k or the guy who makes 200k are the starting salaries? If not what can you expect to make once you have completed your MD. PhD.
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

you know its funny, but I agree with you 100%.
I really wouldnt mind working in industry, at the end of the day, I just want to do research, but I need to get paid.
what do you think, do you need to do a residency, or can you just jump into an industry lab right after graduating.

Originally posted by sluox
my goal is to get in, get out, and get a job at Genentech and make 1.5 mil a year.

:p

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by shiraz
Thank you all for all these responses.
But I was wondering if all these salaries that you have mentioned like 130k or the guy who makes 200k are the starting salaries? If not what can you expect to make once you have completed your MD. PhD.
thank you

Starting salaries depend on the institution. At Hopkins, you can expect starting salaries to be under 100K/year. Even 80K/year. At other universities, a clinical salary may start around $125K and higher if you're in a surgical field.

Don't worry too much about salaries. It's pointless until you figure out what speciality you're doing and how much basic research you plan to do. The better you are, then the higher your salary will be eventually. Salaries can be complicated.