Salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlexanderJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Found this site on the internet, www.radiationoncologyjobsonline.com
Rad Oncs starting at $300k in the midwest? What are you guys hearing for starting salaries right out of residency and after obtaining partnership?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this post is taboo or what. I know salary is usually a subject everyone is interested in but often not comfortable talking about. So let's get it out in the open. What is everyone hearing for starting salaries post residency and after partnership?

starting salaries around $125K with max salaries around $200K- lower for academic settings.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is not the family medicine thread...

strangely, the comment about academic salaries is a bit off: typically you'd say academic salaries are lower than priave but at THE STARTING salary rank, its actually higher last year in academics. However Private soon takes over. Starting is much higher than $125 even at my place which is in the bottom 25% (for the moment-New Chair, Baby). BUt yes overall academic will be lower.

If you go to a location that is less desirable - both private and academic, but mostly private, youll make much more.