Program-Specific Info / Q's Salem State (Massachusetts) Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimmiekris

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else accepted at Salem State? Received conditional acceptance today but still have to complete Kinesiology and Neuro. A little worried about the fact it will take four years (seems so long and I'm already 28..ugh) but its so affordable!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else accepted at Salem State? Received conditional acceptance today but still have to complete Kinesiology and Neuro. A little worried about the fact it will take four years (seems so long and I'm already 28..ugh) but its so affordable!
4 years?? Oh my god. Why so long? It will be much cheaper to attend a traditional 2 year program even if it ends up being $10-25,000 more expensive because you will be working and making $60-90,000 a year, two years earlier.

4 years?? Oh my god. Why so long? It will be much cheaper to attend a traditional 2 year program even if it ends up being $10-25,000 more expensive because you will be working and making $60-90,000 a year, two years earlier.
-----

It's a part-time night program. I live in the area already so I could probably work part time and the program is only 38k in its entirety. Then again...4 years is still a long time!!

Members don't see this ad :)
-----

It's a part-time night program. I live in the area already so I could probably work part time and the program is only 38k in its entirety. Then again...4 years is still a long time!!

What kind of job and what would be your salary? You also have to spend $2-4,000 extra on those classes you haven't finished for that school!

Highly suggest not to enroll in 94 credit 4 year program..that's long. Will easily cost more then $38,000 with tuition increases and other expenses like gas for the extra 2 years. Probably closer to $46,000 plus the $2-4,000 for the classes you are missing. So total will be closer to $50,000. Like I said even if you pay $10-25,000 more and graduate 2 years earlier, that's a lot better because you will likely be making a much higher salary than you are now. I think you are looking too much at the cost. Graduating earlier with more debt, but having 2 years work experience is better in my opinion. Because after 2 years working you will be a lot better position financially with all loans paid off if you do a 2 year program, even with the extra $20,000 loans rather than graduating in 4 years with DEBT!

Last edited:
What kind of job and what would be your salary?

Highly suggest not to enroll in 94 credit 4 year program..that's long. Will easily cost more then $38,000 with tuition increases and other expenses like gas for the extra 2 years. Probably closer to $45,000. You also mentioned you have to take 2 extra courses so add another $2,000-4000 to my total. Like I said even if you pay $10-25,000 more and graduate 2 years earlier, that's a lot better because you will likely be making a much higher salary than you are now. I think you are looking too much at the cost. Graduating earlier with more debt, but having 2 years work experience is better in my opinion. Because after 2 years working you will be a lot better position financially with all loans paid off if you do a 2 year program, even with the extra $20,000 loans rather than graduating in 4 years with DEBT!

What kind of job and what would be your salary? You also have to spend $2-4,000 extra on those classes you haven't finished for that school!

Highly suggest not to enroll in 94 credit 4 year program..that's long. Will easily cost more then $38,000 with tuition increases and other expenses like gas for the extra 2 years. Probably closer to $46,000 plus the $2-4,000 for the classes you are missing. So total will be closer to $50,000. Like I said even if you pay $10-25,000 more and graduate 2 years earlier, that's a lot better because you will likely be making a much higher salary than you are now. I think you are looking too much at the cost. Graduating earlier with more debt, but having 2 years work experience is better in my opinion. Because after 2 years working you will be a lot better position financially with all loans paid off if you do a 2 year program, even with the extra $20,000 loans rather than graduating in 4 years with DEBT!

Definitely some good points here- appreciate the input. I won't have to take out loans which complicates it a little more. The job situation is iffy since I work full time and I'm not sure they'd let me reduce my hours by much. I also don't think I could realistically work full time AND put the necessary time and effort into a night program so I'd have to find something else (another headache). Much to consider and likely overcomplicating it when in reality I just don't know if I want to wait 4 years!

Definitely some good points here- appreciate the input. I won't have to take out loans which complicates it a little more. The job situation is iffy since I work full time and I'm not sure they'd let me reduce my hours by much. I also don't think I could realistically work full time AND put the necessary time and effort into a night program so I'd have to find something else (another headache). Much to consider and likely overcomplicating it when in reality I just don't know if I want to wait 4 years!
Your not taking out loans? how are you paying for school then? What are you doing for a job now that you can't quit? I wouldn't want to wait 4 years either! If it was a 3 year weekend program, I would consider it....

Anybody else attending here in the fall? 95% sure I will!