1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Sallie Mae- Good Lender?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by EarlyEditionDude, Apr 8, 2004.

1. EarlyEditionDude

EarlyEditionDude Membership Revoked
    Removed

For those who are taking loans through Sallie Mae, how are they? Do they charge orgination/gurantee fees? Have repayment benefits? Etc.

What other loans did you guys look at?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 28657

28657 Smile like you mean it
    10+ Year Member

I have a Sallie Mae Signature loan. The interest rates and fees vary depending on your credit. Interest rates start at prime + 0% and go all the way up to prime + 9.85%. Fees can be charged at disbursement and repayment periods and range from 0-6%.
    I'm not really sure about any other types of loans, but I think Sallie Mae is probably comparable to anything else.

4. Trancelucent1

Trancelucent1 Gator Girl :)
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I want to bump this thread because I'm also interested in loans. If Sallie Mae isnt' good...can anyone suggest another one? Thanks!

~Pam

5. moobymaster

moobymaster Member
    7+ Year Member

Sallie Mae is the federal lender for student loans issued through private banks. I've never had any problems with them.

6. off2skl

off2skl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Access Group and THE (Total Higher Education) both offer 0% origination fees. According to the financial aid thread, they are both reputable and easy to work with.

7. Caverject

15+ Year Member

Best loan available is the Citi-assist signature loan. No fees no nothing...just exactly what you take out is what you get and the interest rates are similar to the others