• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Salus of ferris?

Snake Xu

2+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2017
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Here's the difficult situation. I got into Salus. I'm in China and I don't want to go back to the U.S. this year because of the mess that is happening. Even though I am to go back this August it's extremely hard to get a flight :(
Salus gave me a defer so I can come back the next year (hopefully everything back into normal by then).
However, I got ferris's email yesterday said I got in from the waitlist. But they won't give me a defer so I have to get back in Aug.
What is the REAL situation in the U.S. now? many of my American friends have told me don't come back, but I want more advise.
I want to go to ferris more, but Salus is a very good choice as well.

optometry97

2+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2017
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hi, I’m sorry about your situation! I live in a big city in the US and I can say things are getting better. However, a lot of businesses remain closed and life is no where near back to normal. We are all also expecting a surge in cases from a potential second wave. I don’t know how that will go with schools, and if we will have to quarantine again. If I were in your position I would accept the offer at the school you like best. I would ask Ferris if they would allow you to defer for a year considering the circumstances. But I would say trust your gut and pick the program that you like more!

Snake Xu

2+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2017
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hi, I’m sorry about your situation! I live in a big city in the US and I can say things are getting better. However, a lot of businesses remain closed and life is no where near back to normal. We are all also expecting a surge in cases from a potential second wave. I don’t know how that will go with schools, and if we will have to quarantine again. If I were in your position I would accept the offer at the school you like best. I would ask Ferris if they would allow you to defer for a year considering the circumstances. But I would say trust your gut and pick the program that you like more!

Thank you for your reply~~ I picked Salus since Ferris didn't give me a defer. So that's one year free time for me lol, and hopefully things won't get worse. Wish you good day and stay healthy

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.