Salus vs. Kyco?

blanctu

Jul 5, 2019
  1. Pre-Optometry
    Which program should I choose? Salus vs. Kyco.

The benefits of Kyco are: an expanded scope of practice (laser procedures/medical injections) and they pay for all your textbooks/equipment.
    The cons are since they are fairly new so their board pass rates are a bit low.

With Salus they give you a lot of clinical experience early on, and it is an older established school. I do not really see any cons.

Alot of people tend to prefer Salus, and I just wanted to know if there is any thing I am missing in my evaluations?

Any opinion is helpful thank you.

iiii

10+ Year Member
    Jan 2, 2010
    1. Optometry Student
      Which program should I choose? Salus vs. Kyco.

The benefits of Kyco are: an expanded scope of practice (laser procedures/medical injections) and they pay for all your textbooks/equipment.
      The cons are since they are fairly new so their board pass rates are a bit low.

With Salus they give you a lot of clinical experience early on, and it is an older established school. I do not really see any cons.

Alot of people tend to prefer Salus, and I just wanted to know if there is any thing I am missing in my evaluations?

Any opinion is helpful thank you.
      1. Cost
      2. School fully accredited? (Not sure if KYCO is)
      3. NBEO board pass rates
      4. Urban vs rural living

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.