Samford University (McWhorter SOP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parke023

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applied or recieved interview invitation from Samford yet?

Members don't see this ad.

nope...still waiting. I think they are interviewing now through march.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know when pharmcas sent out your grades from the fall? I just got an email saying they had compared what I put down to my transcript for my fall grades and they were sending it out. So I was just trying to figure out what kind of timeline I am on.

No I went to UAB

B.S. Biology minor in Chem and Psych
PCAT: 80
GPA: 3.3
Work Experience: 2 years pharm tech

I haven't heard back, but I think that they are waiting for my academic update. ;[ pharmcas is taking their time. I will email them on Monday and see if I can send them my transcripts directly.

UAB took almost 3 weeks to even mail out my academic update then PharmCAS took another two or so...so I would be patient, Samford will send you an email letting you know that they have everything and that they will start evaluating it.

i got an email for an invite last week. I have an interview the 4th as well!

I don't know much about the school but the staff is very helpful (I get responses on my emails within a few hours:thumbup:). I do believe they are waiting on my AU from PharmCAS. Gl to everyone!

I haven't heard anything from Samford. They received my academic update on Jan 29.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry you got a letter! If you dont mind...what were your stats? I am still waiting.

Those of you who had interviews this week how did they go and what was the format like?

pharmcas mailed out my application on the 12th of January

GPA 3.36
PCAT 49 composite (super score around a 63)
i will have a bachelors in chemistry with a minor in biology by May
I have over a year of pharmacy experience

you have one thirty minute interview with two staff members
you have to write a essay and you are given thirty minutes
then you have a tour of the MSOP

Good luck to everyone

Hey guys/gals. Im a P1 student at McWhorter and just wanted to wish you all good luck. Try not to stress out about the interview. They keep it a very comfortable enviornment. Just practice your interview skills and you'll be fine. Good luck all.

Has anyone else heard from them? I got an email Friday saying that they had all my stuff. Does anyone know what kind of time frame I should be on to hear something?

I got an email on 2/6 saying that my file was complete.
I got an email today, 2/14, inviting me for an interview. I have to call Monday to select a date. They gave me 6 different dates with 2 separate time slots on each day to choose from.

Same for me. File was complete on 2-6, and got an email today. Interview is wednesday.

Congrats! I think I'm gonna go with the 2/23 date. Haven't decided yet. Good luck!

I got an email for an interview too! I think I'm going to go with 2/23 also. Good luck to you both!

To all who have been invited for an interview do you mind posting your stats if you haven't already. Thank you!!!

To all who have been invited for an interview do you mind posting your stats if you haven't already. Thank you!!!

I applied really late, submitted PharmCAS late Janaury and turned in my supplemental on 2/1 ( I think the deadline was 2/2). My interview is 2/23.

Stats: Nothing spectacular, but I do have a B.S. in Biology & Psychology
cGPA: 3.11
sGPA: 3.07
mGPA: 3.54
PCAT: 76 cumulative, don't remember the individual scores

Will have a BS in Psychology with Biology minor in August from Alabama
GPA: 3.53
Math and Science: 3.45
PCAT:49
Extra: lots of Pharmacy experience and volunteer work

To the rest of you who have interviews... Where did you go for undergrad??

Will have a BS in Psychology with Biology minor in August from Alabama
GPA: 3.53
Math and Science: 3.45
PCAT:49
Extra: lots of Pharmacy experience and volunteer work

To the rest of you who have interviews... Where did you go for undergrad??

I went to UGA

I will have a BS in Math from Mississippi State.
GPA 3.26
Science and Math 3.22
PCAT 41
4 years of pharmacy experience

Anyone who has had an interview...was the interview open or closed application?

I just got an acceptance letter today, please let me know everyone that gets accepted

CONGRATs, wkucrt05! My interview is next week and I am super nervous. I have a couple of questions for you I hope you do not mind answering them. :) How long did it take them to send you the acceptance letter? How was the interview? What was the most difficult question they asked you?

Thanks!!!

interviewed on the 4th had a letter on the the 20th
i described the interview earlier on the message board if you wanna know more
and the hardest question: what would you do if you saw a co-worker putting pills into their pocket?

BEST OF LUCK!!

hey i also interviewed the 4th and got my acceptance letter the 20th...i didn't think i was going to get in so i was pretty excited! i go to ole miss...where is everyone else from who was accepted? oh and my hardest question was to talk about a mistake i had made or something that i regretted doing and how i dealt with it? good luck to everyone else in the interview! it's really laid back

Those of you who have been accepted:
How did you feel your interview went? I just interviewed there today and feel like it could've gone better. I felt like I was talking in circles...stupid nerves. The others that were there interviewing with me said theirs seemed to be awkward/nerve racking too.:scared::eek:

i felt the same way you did...after the interview i was thinking wow there's no way i'm going to get in, because i felt like i could've said a lot more about what i did or why i wanted to pursue pharmacy. i'm sure you did a lot better than you think though, but good luck anyways!

I felt like the interview went very well overall. I was nervous too, I'm sure you will be fine.

I attend Western Kentucky University. I'll make a MSOP Class of 2013 group for accepted students

I got my acceptance letter last week!! Class of 2013!!!

I got my acceptance letter last week!! Class of 2013!!!

Congrats on your accepted join the group i made on facebook so that we can all get affiliated with one another before school

Got my acceptance letter today!! :soexcited: :clap: Still in shock....had to read it a few times to make sure it was real :) Thought my interview went horrible.

I just got my acceptance letter this evening. I have been so anxious this week waiting to hear back and see other get their letters. Congrats everyone!! I'm so excited.

Venicat- How many prereqs you have left to finish? Summer accelerated courses won't be able to get it done?

I just got my acceptance letter this evening. I have been so anxious this week waiting to hear back and see other get their letters. Congrats everyone!! I'm so excited.

Venicat- How many prereqs you have left to finish? Summer accelerated courses won't be able to get it done?

8 hours of anatomy and physiology! None of my local schools offer that during the summer so I would have to move somewhere that does.

edit: and microbiology

Its totally doable in one summer and a lot of it will intertwine, so I guess just a matter of finding a location that can get it done for you. How about UAB- birmingham or samford directly. Otherwise I would contact the admissions office and see if you can defer a year.

For those that went to the interview from out of state, which hotel did you stay and how was it? Anyone have any recommendations?

For those that went to the interview from out of state, which hotel did you stay and how was it? Anyone have any recommendations?
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn - Brookwood. It was right up the street from the school and it was pretty nice. It's also near a bunch of places to eat.

8 hours of anatomy and physiology! None of my local schools offer that during the summer so I would have to move somewhere that does.

edit: and microbiology

try Jefferson State, its a community college in Birmingham, just south of it actually but only about 10 minutes. They offer a lot of classes over the summer. Just check with Samford to make sure the credits will transfer.

Hi....I was accepted to Samford's McWhorter School of Pharmacy recently and am interested in finding a female roommate in Birmingham. I'm going to be purchasing a condo somewhere within 10 miles of Samford and would like to find a pharmacy roommate in my same year to share expenses.

FYI...I'm 22 and will graduate from the University of South Carolina Upstate this May. Originally from Houston but went to USC Upstate on a volleyball scholarship.

If you're interested please email me and I'll contact you.

Jenna