Sample In the Area Email

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reapplicanthelpme2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a template or structure of how I should write an ITA email. A lot of these threads just talk about the use of ITA without actually giving an example of how to write one. Any help or general layout would be awesome!

Members don't see this ad.

There is a nice sample on @claduva94's MDApps page. You could tailor this to your own taste.
Dear X School of Medicine Office of Admissions,
I am currently scheduled to be in the X area for an interview from Date 1 to Date 2.
I understand that you only interview a limited number of qualified applicants, and that many of the early interview spots may be already filled. However, if I am fortunate enough to currently be under consideration for an interview at the X School, I was wondering if it would be possible to schedule it in that general time frame to avoid the cost of multiple flights to the area, as well as to minimize time spent away from school.
I realize that this is relatively short notice and if I am not able to interview at this time, if necessary, I would be happy to travel to X in the future.
Thank you for your help and consideration.
Sincerely,

Reactions: 2 users
Ahh perfect! Thank you! Does it seem rude to mention another interview? Should I just say in the area?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a comprehensive thread that lists which schools are receptive to these?

Ahh perfect! Thank you! Does it seem rude to mention another interview? Should I just say in the area?

I would just mention that you're there for another interview; it makes it clear that your travel plans are limited and, in my mind, more likely that they'll accommodate the request. Schools aren't stupid - they understand that you will be interviewing at many different places. It's not taboo to mention that.

Reactions: 1 user