Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Sample Interview Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 6-8 Weeks, Aug 20, 2001.

1. 6-8 Weeks

6-8 Weeks Senior Member

What would you answer to this question?

If you were an orthopedic surgeon, what would you do if you realized too late that you had made an incision on the wrong knee?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. redowa

redowa Junior Member

suture it up and start on the correct knee.

4. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i would hope that hospitals and med school have some kind of protocol for errors, it just seems that not talking to docs at all about possible errors would really leave them hanging.

i definitely would fix the error as best i could though, and try and do it on the correct side. :D

5. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member

if i were the head surgeon i would just keep going. and if anyone brings it up i would pimp slap them in the OR and tell him that is why im the head surgeon. then, i would work my way to the other knee or where ever i feel like going to next. after its all done, on my way out i would pimp slap the same guy again just for the hell of it and maybe grab a med students ass if and only of shes really fine.
    now, if i were just a peeeee on surgeon i would just pass out. let someone else figure and fix the ****. then, i would blame it on my low blood sugar level.
    no, if were a med student, i would just flat out run my ass out of the OR and go back and review my notes on took from ER (tv show).
    if i were a nurse, i would just stand there an look fine and hope the head surgeon would grab my ass on his way out. :D

6. c U in MEDSCHOOL

oh my gosh, I laughed my ass off....

that part with the NURSE's ass LOOOOOOOOOOOL

ur such a sl*t LOOOOOOOL :D

oh man my stomach hurts so MUCH

7. NubianPrincess

NubianPrincess Perpetually Bored

Medical Student
    LMAO! Its early and I really needed that laugh. I'm packing and going away to school for the first time and i'm nervous.
    But seriously, what do you say when you don't really know the answer in an interview?

8. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member

im glad everyone like that

9. Asumi

Asumi Member

Classic!