SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Samuel Merritt (CA)

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by Popoy, May 14, 2001.

1. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    Anyone from this school who can share their experience during the admissions process?

I ask because I wanted to see whether or not it was a standard to give a written test to applicants. If so, if their is anyone out there who, after doing the written test, that got accepted please address why they did this (the written test)?

Though Samuel Meritt states in their admissions packet that they judge applicant's writting, I know that others have been accepted without a written test.... Anyway, just completely confuse about the process and a bit suspicious about the whole thing for a family member of mines....

It seems a bit discriminatory..... Care to share any thoughts anyone? I'm not out to bad mouth the school, just want to know what is going on.... Sorry if I may have offended some.

Completely confuse, P

:(

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!! Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    Tampa
    I have a friend in one of my classes who's going to Sam. Merritt this fall. I can ask her about the written test tonight in class if you'd like? I know for all three of the optometry schools I applied to I had to write and on-site essay during my interivew. they do it to make sure that 1) you wrote your own essays and 2) make sure that you have a total mastry of the english language and 3) that you can communicate effectively
    I'll post again tonight after I ask her about the written test.

4. Popoy

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    cpw,

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.... I look forward to reading what information you may find from your friend. Thanks for reply.....
    :D

5. cpw

cpw It's a boy !!! Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    Tampa
    Well, my friend didn't know much about the written test. She did though, say that to register for classes most people do have to take a written test and math test as part of the application process. Again, i'm not a nursing major.. i'm an optometry student so i know more about that.. but she did say the written test is standard. She didn't tell me what it was like.. sorry.. that's all I know.

6. Popoy

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    Thanks cpw,

I've been hiatus from the forum, but glad you were able to respond. I'll relay this to my family member, thanks again.