This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caldpt2022

Reaction score
Hi! I just wanted to start a thread for those who have applied to Samuel Merritt’s DPT program this cycle. Samuel Merritt’s website said we should be hearing back in December.

We can exchange info on if anyone has heard back or their number on the waitlist.

Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email around thanksgiving saying that they've finished doing a preliminary review of the applications, so i'm guessing they've started reviewing them, but I haven't heard anything since then. I'm really hoping they send out decisions soon.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m thinking they will send out decisions after their last Q&A session on Dec 22nd?

The last communication I received was an email asking to confirm if I’ve attended an info session with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea I also got that email! do you know how they send their decisions out?

yea I also got that email! do you know how they send their decisions out?
In the past, it seems that they call people. But that may change because if they followed previous trends, they would've sent out decisions last week.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m assuming they will be sending out decisions after their last Q&A session on the 22nd since their other events are financial aid related.

Did anyone attend the last Q&A session because I have been waiting for it but no one is there.

I also got an email at the end of November that they reviewed my application, but no admission decision yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, has anyone heard anything?
I haven’t yet. I’ve been looking around at SMU’s tagged pictures on instagram and trying to see if anyone’s posting if they got in lol. Maybe someone got sick and it pushed back the decisions process? Fingers crossed for this week

Has anyone been in contact with Kasie? She’s normally the one who got in contact with students in the past few years.

I’m starting to feel more and more anxious as it gets closer to the end of the year…

Just received a reply to my email that admission decisions will be sent out the week of Feb 13th.

Who was it from? I haven’t gotten that email yet
I emailed admissions at the end of December, they responded saying they have it showing DPT admission decisions will be sent out week of February 13th :(( So another month of waiting

I emailed admissions at the end of December, they responded saying they have it showing DPT admission decisions will be sent out week of February 13th :(( So another month of waiting
Dang they never responded to my email. A 2 month delay is pretty ridiculous, especially without letting anyone know officially

I got the responses from Kasie and Sakiya today. They said admissions decisions for the DPT program will go out from mid-January to early February

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a waitlist email! Did anyone else hear anything?! :)

Congrats!! Will you be attending?

I emailed to remove myself from the waitlist since I got accepted to a cheaper school.
Likely not. Had they sent out acceptances earlier, I would’ve given it more consideration. However, they delayed 2 months and didn’t communicate much. I’ll be going to SDSU instead because with living costs it’s about the same

Likely not. Had they sent out acceptances earlier, I would’ve given it more consideration. However, they delayed 2 months and didn’t communicate much. I’ll be going to SDSU instead because with living costs it’s about the same
I agree. Their lack of communication also played a factor in my decision to not to stay on the waitlist.

Best of luck in SDSU!!

For those attending I made a group me for us
You're invited to my new group 'Samuel Merritt DPT 2026' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe