Samuel Merritt Wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otguy49

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently found out that I am wait listed at #4 for Samuel Merritt's Masters Occupational Therapy program. Do I even have a chance at getting in? Because this is definitely my first choice.

Members don't see this ad.

I have recently found out that I am wait listed at #4 for Samuel Merritt's Masters Occupational Therapy program. Do I even have a chance at getting in? Because this is definitely my first choice.
I would keep your hopes up honestly, USC is STILL accepting applications until the 15th and some people haven't heard from there, and frankly if you're going to spend the $150k some people want the 'usc' name behind the degree so they may change their mind. HOWEVER ha the office of admissions said they're expecting 500 applicants this year so they're letting people know by mid-march.

ALSO Dominican in San Rafael hasn't sent admission notices either they're accepting apps until march I believe so you actually have a great shot just hang in there.
What were your stats btw?

I'll add also that SJSU, which is 1/3 the cost and public says they still have a few acceptance letters to hand out I guess but not many.

You should be fine..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I do realize there are plenty of schools within
California that are still sending out admissions notices, but I am just hoping for the best.

My stats are
Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Prerequisite GPA:3.9
Volunteer hour: 70 hours for pediatrics and 40 hours hand rehab
and I graduated with my B.A. in Biology

I would guess you have a good shot at number 4 on the waitlist. During the interview day I know a few people told me they had other schools to choose from. This Monday is the deadline to pay our deposit before they start taking people from the waitlist so you might see movement soon.

Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I do realize there are plenty of schools within
California that are still sending out admissions notices, but I am just hoping for the best.

My stats are
Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Prerequisite GPA:3.9
Volunteer hour: 70 hours for pediatrics and 40 hours hand rehab
and I graduated with my B.A. in Biology
Yeah wow those are great stats! You should get into USC no problem, what are your gre scores?

At the interview I met someone who applied the previous year and said the waitlist bumped up 10 people. So, if that is a trend at Samuel Merritt, being number 4 is a great position

Good luck!