General Admissions & OTCAS Samuel Merritt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am currently on the waitlist near the top and I will be giving up my spot within the week - I will be attending a different OTD program - so there will be at least one move up for those behind me!

Members don't see this ad.

I
I received an email saying that there hasn't been any movement on the waitlist. Do you think they are waiting till a couple more people give up their spot till they offer it?

For those who got accepted, have you emailed to give up the spot?

Hopefully it will change by April!
I gave up my spot about a month ago, so maybe they are waiting a while for some reason?

It seems like some admitted students (at least 2 from this forum) already gave up their spot so they might be waiting for a couple more to open up before they start offering admission and calling students on the waitlist... I do think that next month some of us will start getting a call from them. What position are you on the waitlist JOT89?

I'm so hoping to get in though, this was the only school I applied to (very bad decision). I'm currently #10 & I'm hopeful that I will get admitted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like some admitted students (at least 2 from this forum) already gave up their spot so they might be waiting for a couple more to open up before they start offering admission and calling students on the waitlist... I do think that next month some of us will start getting a call from them. What position are you on the waitlist JOT89?

I'm so hoping to get in though, this was the only school I applied to (very bad decision). I'm currently #10 & I'm hopeful that I will get admitted.

Hi futureot1287,
Hopefully, they are just waiting for a couple more. As of right now, I am #5. Let's hope we get in!

Has anyone moved off the waitlist yet? I haven't heard anything from SMU since March. . . .

Haven't heard anything yet... I'm now wondering why they're taking so long...

Same. Last update I got was March 20th stating that there had been no
movement yet.

Has anyone called to ask for an update?

I just emailed and got an automatic reply that she is out of the office until May 23rd. So, I wouldn't expect to hear anything for another couple weeks.

I emailed Kasie and she said that they expect to see changes over the summer... She also said she checked with their Dean of Admission & he stated that they usually don’t see movement until the summer, then they typically see some action. Last year she said that they well into the waitlist, but it does depend, year to year.

She said she'll send an update soon!!

*I have my fingers crossed for us on the waitlist!

Just got an update that says there has been no movement on the waitlist. Did anyone else receive the same email?

Samuel Merrit costs $120k to get an OT degree from, on top of your undergrad student loans. I'm not raining on anyone's parade, but I think it is borderline unethical that they charge as much as they do when they know our starting salaries hover around the 60k mark and top out at 75-90k.

Buyer beware. If you can get into a cheap state program, I advise it.

It's almost July and nobody has heard from SMU yet? . . . A little odd that there's been no movement on the waitlist yet at all til this day. Do you guys think they're just waiting a while & will maybe call (some of us) all at once or something?

So it's the middle of July, has anyone called or emailed to check in? Also, did anyone else get into schools in the Bay Area??

I just gave up my spot. Hopefully, everyone on the waitlist hears back soon!

Has anyone on here been pulled from the waitlist? The last email I got was the first to show signs of optimism. I moved one spot, which doesn't help me much seeing as I am now #11. Hopefully one of you got in though!!