San Antonio OMFS Externship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enamel Rodz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking into doing an externship at UT Health Science Center in San Antonio and am wondering where students generally stay during their externships? The application says that the student must find there own housing arrangements so I was wondering, Is there a more affordable option than getting a hotel room for the whole thing? What have externs there generally done in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking into doing an externship at UT Health Science Center in San Antonio and am wondering where students generally stay during their externships? The application says that the student must find there own housing arrangements so I was wondering, Is there a more affordable option than getting a hotel room for the whole thing? What have externs there generally done in the past?

I stayed at the Motel 6 for 2 weeks while I was there back in 2006. It was close and (if I remember right, within walking distance). But keep looking around. Only other option is seeing if the hospital has a call room available for you to stay during your externship. Good luck.