San Diego Expansion; prefer TEE or regional experience (but no hearts)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joshmir

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
is hourly normal or should red flags be raised?
It's not a red flag, just an unusual payment method. Some places, like Kaiser and some academic programs, pay extra for work after hours. Most traditional partnerships do not. Maybe extra pay for taking call, but all the other "late" time, etc averages out in the quarterly/annual partner's bonus.

awwww.....come on guys you are hurting my feelings :)

no red flags here; i've been posting here for years would not lead you guys astray

-Yes, paid by hour; its actually a great system

-TEE and TTE wanted b/c we do vascular, cranies, sick ortho hip fx's/joints, and because we want to expand the skill set of our department; NOT for billing; does not need to be testamur status, certified, etc; just be facile with answering important basic questions (ie, degree of aortic stenosis, new wall motion abnormalities, response to therapy, r/o PE, etc)

But regional and echo skills are a preference; not necessary; good sense of humor is necessary

I wasn't suggesting it isn't useful in non-cardiac; just that you will be billing for it--correct? Yeah.