San Diego

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jordews, Jan 14, 2002.

1. jordews

jordews Senior Member

This is kind of a random question. Me and a buddy of mine are planning on spending the summer in San Diego this coming up summer, and we were trying to find an apartment or something to sublet for the summer (Late may-Early August). I was wondering if any of you guys from San Diego or nearby might have a place or know of someone I could contact to find a place. Thanks.
    Jordan

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud

Resident [Any Field]
    I would recommend staying in La Jolla if you can. That area is great. Ah San Diego, how I miss you so.

4. calaxer19

calaxer19 Senior Member

I've heard that La Jolla is extremely nice (if you're into the suburban beach thing), but extremely expensive.

Too bad housing is only guaranteed 1 year down there...

5. jordews

jordews Senior Member

bump.. anyone?

6. Harbindoc

Harbindoc Member

Hi,

La Jolla is really nice if you can afford it, but you will pay ~ 1000-1500 a month for a nice place. Pacific Beach is great! Rent goes up in the summer, but it is still afordable. You can also look at our classifieds at signonsandiego.com. Another great place is Ocean Beach, if you can handle all the hippies that live there. It is really close to the beach, but cheaper than Pacific Beach. Good luck, and enjoy San Diego, it is possibly one of the best places on earth!! :D

7. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92'

I would stay down in Mission Beach if I were you (that's where MTV had their beach house that one summer). All the college kids live down there and there's a lot more to do. La Jolla is a bit more pricey and conservative. BUT, it's really really nice! Anyway it goes, you can't go wrong. Other party/cheap places to live are Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach. Sorry though, I don't know anyone renting out their place. I'd call an agent to do a search for you.

Hope this helps

8. sproggin

sproggin Member

Dont stay in LaJolla. Its nice but pricey and dull at night. Stay in Pacific Beach, thats where all the young people are, they wont call the cops on you when your partys too loud. And you can stumble back to your house from the bars. Mission Beach is fun too but a few miles south of the "strip" (Garnet Ave.) where all the bars are. Ocean Beach is little less expensive and more hippie-ish but some good bars and beachs. All the honeys hang out in PB though esp. during the summer. If u can find someone with a UCSD PIN and PAC number you can login onto the offcampus housing part of ucsd.edu. Theres quite a bit of UCSD students that live there. BUt then again u have to live with dull (generalization of course) UCSD students.

9. watto

watto Sleek White Pantsuit

Check your PM and contact that guy when you get a chance.

10. Boundless Energy

stay in carlsbad or oceanside -- much cheaper but it'll be a drive