San Francisco housing provider wants to know what you want...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

housingmaybe

Reaction score
I own a single-family house in San Francisco. I often rent to a group of roommates -- my house will be clear for the first time quite soon. I typically provide housing for 3 people.

My house is near (15 min public transit or bike) the Mission Bay campus that houses both UCSF and Kaiser. I'm in a working-class neighborhood, rather than the new & shiny Mission Bay -- I'm not sure if that would turn people off.

I suppose that my ideal is to have one roommate-in-charge who will be in town for about 3 years and is responsible for replacing roommates who leave. Is that feasible? I also want to understand what the student doctor calendar looks like -- when they would want to move in and how long their schedules would encourage them to stay.

UCSF's website says that they offer some on-campus housing for up to 24 months. Is there enough for everyone (and thus no need for me)?

Where would I advertise aside from craigslist?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. Its not a classified ad, but it seems to fit better here than anywhere else.

Members don't see this ad.