1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

San Francisco MCAT Study Buddies!

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by biobossx99, Dec 17, 2008.

1. biobossx99

biobossx99 Member
    10+ Year Member

Recent Cal graduate that's working at Mission Bay full time and volunteering on weekends. Will be taking April 4th MCAT in SF. I live in the mission with two roommates who are applying. Looking for people to study/hang out that's in the city.

I'm not taking a class, but I'd like to have study buddies to motivate one another!

If anyone needs help with ochem, I've taught/tutored ochem for 2-3 years at Cal.

Cafes I've scouted out that is good:

1. Coffe Bean on Market
    2. Muddy Waters on 24th and Valencia (good place to study)
    3. Socha on Mission (jazzy cozy study place)

Anyways, let me know!

2. GottaAceit

Pre-Medical
    Hello there,
    I just Joined this network after hearing good things about it. I will be taking the MCAT in 2012, I live in the Mission. I was wondering if there are folks who are interested in forming a group to motivate each other studying.. I'm just starting out and Got a Kaplan set. I hear ExamKrackers is a must also. Please let me know if you're interested...

3. studentin

I live in San Francisco but travel during the week. Would anyone be interested in setting up a group to meet on the weekends? I'm thinking Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Let me know!

4. liveoak

brian wilson?

5. mishi524

2+ Year Member

I'm going to take the MCAT in early 2012, just haven't decided on a date yet. I live out by Ocean Beach, but work in downtown. My work schedule is usually a 9-5 Mon-Fri, but it's pretty flexible as long as I give them notice. So we could do mornings or evenings during the week if the weekend doesn't work. A little about me... I graduated in from Arizona State University last spring and moved to SF in February. I took a Kaplan course in 2009. Honestly, it's harder for me to be motivated to study when I'm alone; it's much easier for me to study when there's someone else counting on me. Let me know if you're interested!

6. kris105c

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    x

#6 kris105c, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. luuc

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm a Cal student planning to take the mcat sometime in April. If anyone's interested in meeting in Berkeley, just message me. I live near campus but go to SF on occasion.

8. America

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I

#8 America, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  9. Crispety

Rehab Sci Student
    Hey, I live in Brisbane, and would love to set up a regular study group. (maybe Wed nights or Satrudays?) we can meet at sightglass or something? I have not set a test date, nor started studying, so I'll be doing this from scratch, if that's okay. Please let me know your thoughts!

10. Star Apple

5+ Year Member

Anyone in SF or the Peninsula studying for the MCAT and want to get together to study?

11. jere247

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm in the Mission district, definitely looking for someone to study with if you're still interested.

12. jujubeee

Pre-Medical
    hi, are you still looking for a study buddy? i'm in the financial district. let me know if you're interested.

13. SKaminski

5+ Year Member

Its a long shot, but i live in San Jose. If anyone else lives nearby and wants to be study buddies, the MLK library is awesome and I study there nearly every day!

14. funniful

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Anyone still looking for a study buddy in SF? I'm currently in the Sunset and work down in Mission Bay so anywhere near the two UCSF campuses will be great!

15. Speravi

5+ Year Member

Hi,

Is anybody studying for MCAT this summer 2015? If so, I'd like to find pals to study together. Please hit me up.