San Juan Bautista Med Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those accepted,
could anyone open the guia estudiantil de nuevo ingreso? it was an attachment in an email by sara perez. it was a .pub and i couldnt open it, just wondering what it said. I email s. perez but i still haven't heard back.

Members don't see this ad.

for those accepted,
could anyone open the guia estudiantil de nuevo ingreso? it was an attachment in an email by sara perez. it was a .pub and i couldnt open it, just wondering what it said. I email s. perez but i still haven't heard back.

it's got a lot of useful information like emergency numbers, where to get your books, what to consider when you are looking for an apartment. I can copy it into a .doc file if you'd like. pm me, and i'll send it to you.

hey does anyone know when orientation and classes begin?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys.. Here are the important dates that I know of so far:

July 6 = Registration
July 13-15 = Orientation
July 16 = White Coat Ceremony

Actual classes start sometime in early August..

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back.

Harbynger, were you e-mailed these dates or did you call the school?

does anyone know any details on the waitlist for sjb?

Hello all! For those of you on the waitlist, if you get accepted would you mind letting me know??? I just want to know if they have started accepting people on the waitlist yet. For those of you already accepted, congrats!!

Classes start August 3.

Hey guys.. Here are the important dates that I know of so far:

July 6 = Registration
July 13-15 = Orientation

Actual classes start sometime in early August..

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back.

I'm looking for possible roommates for first semester at San Juan B. I got some recommendations from students about an apartment complex close to school which generally offers three bedrooms and three bath for $1200, pretty cheap three ways. It's a gated community style with a pool, etc. If anyone is interested please message me. Description reads like this:

COMODO PENTHOUSE/FAMILY ESPACIOSO EN 2DO PISO Y TERRAZA CON MEDIA COCINA/EQUIPADO CON NEVERA/ESTUFA/LAVADORA DE PLATOS/COMBO LAVADORA/SECADORA/TANQUE DE AGUA/3 MINI SPLITS/4 ABANICOS DE TECHO/ENSERES DE PRIMERA CALIDAD/TODO COMO NUEVO/PISCINA/CANCHAS/GIMNASIO/MANT. INCLUIDO

Last edited:
hey guys most of the students in first year looked for a place to live in this website http://www.clasificadosonline.com/

area: Caguas

look into Vista Real, Los Prados, Hacienda San Jose, Valle Santa Cecilia, this is where most of us live... good luck and congrats on your acceptance

SJBSOM Class of 2012 :cool:

I'm a member of a new Orientation group in our school and you will be receiving a welcome package with a survey that we had in class rating/evaluating where it is recommended to buy groceries, rent an appartment, buy a car ( most students recommended you buy one here instead of bringing them from the states) etc!! we are also working in a Buddy system in which you will get the phone number and email of a current MSI student in which you will be able to contact him/her regarding any questions the incoming class might have.

Buddy system- withing next 2 weeks will be sent out.
Welcome package- By the middle of next month.

San Juan Bautista School of Medicine Class of 2012:thumbup:
MSI

I don't know about the others, but I still haven't received the package or buddy system contacts. Do you have any idea when we might?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know about the others, but I still haven't received the package or buddy system contacts. Do you have any idea when we might?

Thanks!

They are both done, they should have sent them out already... the buddy system is provided to students who ask for help or guidance from former students regarding housing etc. (i.e where to look) and is given by Sara Perez ext. 240 along with the welcome package, she is the orientation representative. Give her a call and tell her you are interested in contacting a first year student (Buddy).

If anyone is interested in a roommate for our first year send me a message.

Hey if any of your are interested in joining a peds interest group at SJB please let me know. You can email me at [email protected]

I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Anyone still looking for roommates?

I just withdrew my acceptance from SJB because I got into a few other schools. Good luck everyone!

does anyone know what time the white coat ceremony is?

As someone said above, the dates are:

July 6
= Registration
July 13-15 = Orientation

I also called the school and verified that these dates are correct.

Last edited:
Im trying to find out what time of day the white coat ceremony is. I called the school and it sounds like they don't know yet

Does anyone have a good car insurance company and agent that they can recommend in Puerto Rico?

Last edited:
I am currently a second year in San Juan Bautista an like most of you guys i didnt know that much about PR before i got here so I decided to help you guys out. The best place to find a place to live is through http://clasificadosonline.com/. The best place to live and also one of the closes to school is Los Prados or Hacienda San Jose. When there is no traffic in the morning it could take you at most 7 minutes, but if there is traffic we found a back way that will take you at most 10 minutes. I highly recommend Los Prados or Hacienda San Jose because some of my classmates that didnt live in these complexes had a really hard time with living conditions last year (such as alot of mosquitos, cold showers, no air condition). If you look close enough, you can find an apartment in Los Prados for 1000 for 3 people making rent around 333 per person which is not bad considering is the best place in caguas. If you like going to the gym I recommend Worlds Gym, the one in the school is really not that good. I also recommend NOT shipping your car to PR. The reason for this is that it can be really costly. I think they charge 1200 dollars just to shipped it, but then they charge 25 % of what the car is worth. I recommend just to buy a car in PR. A couple of my classmates have cars that cost them 2500 dollars an have worked fine this whole year. Remember that the car dealers in PR are desperate to sell the cars so remember to negotiate with them. Dont stress out about coming to PR for medical school more than you have to, once your in PR your going to realize that there is nothing better than going to medical school in Puerto Rico. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I am also looking for a roomate so if your intersted contact me.

Hello, Im a student at AUA and Im going to be doing a pediatrics rotation at SJB on November 9th. Where do most students live that attend SJB... in Caguas or San juan? Also, is it possible to find a furnished apartment in Caguas? Im really clueless as to what part of the island I should be looking for an apartment. I plan on renting a car and dont mind having to drive 20 minutes to school everyday. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

hey everybody! My interview is soon so I was wandering what should I expect to be asked? should I eat the student handbook and know the curriculum by heart or should I just relax and talk about stuff I have done? any help or comments are greatly appreciateddddddddd THANKSSS:laugh:

hey everybody! My interview is soon so I was wandering what should I expect to be asked? should I eat the student handbook and know the curriculum by heart or should I just relax and talk about stuff I have done? any help or comments are greatly appreciateddddddddd THANKSSS:laugh:

You should go to your interview being relaxed and stressed-free. Basically, be ready to recite whats on you AMCAS and why you want to become a physician. Its more of a conversational format interview. However, I would come prepared with questions concerning healthcare in Puerto Rico and "the reform". You can also download the student handbook on the admissions website and glance it over. Good luck