SAR for AACOMAS fee waiver?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtuoso735

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have a SAR for last year since I graduated from college in spring of 2011. I'm still living with my parents and my taxes are filed with theirs, so I'm guessing I'm still a dependent. One of the requirements for getting the AACOMAS fee waiver is the SAR from FAFSA, but since I don't have one, would sending in the tax forms be enough? Anyone out there that has experience with this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Call them directly. Don't leave this up to random strangers in a forum.

Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

It's really unclear on their website... it just says, "contact the Department of Education."

Who do we contact? I'm sure there are other people who have wanted to submit their tax forms rather than the SAR (because they don't have a SAR).

It is very unclear in the instructions and even after you call them. The AACOMAS man I spoke to told me to submit my tax form and to call the US Department of Education to be on the safe side. I plan to call the Department of Education tomorrow during open hours, but I'm not even sure what I need to ask for. Hopefully, whoever picks up knows what I'm talking about.