• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

SAR for AACOMAS fee waiver?

virtuoso735

7+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2011
California
  1. Medical Student
    I don't have a SAR for last year since I graduated from college in spring of 2011. I'm still living with my parents and my taxes are filed with theirs, so I'm guessing I'm still a dependent. One of the requirements for getting the AACOMAS fee waiver is the SAR from FAFSA, but since I don't have one, would sending in the tax forms be enough? Anyone out there that has experience with this? Thanks.

refrigerator

5+ Year Member
    Apr 20, 2012
    1. Pre-Medical
      It's really unclear on their website... it just says, "contact the Department of Education."

Who do we contact? I'm sure there are other people who have wanted to submit their tax forms rather than the SAR (because they don't have a SAR).

MDCouture

10+ Year Member
      Apr 15, 2010
      1. Pre-Medical
        It is very unclear in the instructions and even after you call them. The AACOMAS man I spoke to told me to submit my tax form and to call the US Department of Education to be on the safe side. I plan to call the Department of Education tomorrow during open hours, but I'm not even sure what I need to ask for. Hopefully, whoever picks up knows what I'm talking about.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.