SAT/ACT score asked for on secondary??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
my friend is out of the country and is having issues with secondaries. she emailed me and told me that some of the secondaries ask for sat/act scores. is that common? what if you never took the sat?? thridly, how does she go about getting her score...supposedly she forgot it and she took it probably back in 1999 or 2000.
thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

University of Chicago's secondary asked for my ACT score, if it was available. I doubt that it is entirely necessary.
Just add a little note stating why you don't have a score for those particular tests.

is there a max. age to take the act/sat?

Members don't see this ad :)
The only school I remember asking for my SAT/ACT scores was Penn State. I had to look all over the place to find them...

skiz knot said:
University of Chicago's secondary asked for my ACT score, if it was available. I doubt that it is entirely necessary.
Just add a little note stating why you don't have a score for those particular tests.

You already got U of C's Secondary or was it from last year.

pateltr1 said:
Are you thinking of taking it? :rolleyes:

thinking about it... missouri offers an $8k scholarship ($2k / year for a max of 4 years) to every in-stater scoring a 30 or better through a program called 'bright flight'

so how does she get her scores?
and how are they used?
thanks for all your help!

Try going to your (or your friends) HS. Most of the schools keep the scores for their records.