SAT and MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Silverzc413

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there isn't a definite answer to this and has been asked before, but if you suck at standardized tests like the SAT...would it be more likely that you're not going to do very well on the MCAT either?

Members don't see this ad.

Nah....

I got a 1250 and 27, got a 34 on my cat. So I actually went up. If you are scoring 900 sat and 23 act, maybe worry, but just study, take practice tests, and see how you do. The goal is to get in enough practice to be able to reliably predict your score on test day. Don't worry.

well tbh my test scores aren't actually bad, I got a 1490 and a 33 ACT, BUT...I just don't have confidence in my reading/writing skills. I feel like the SAT/ACT is a game...you get better at it if you just keep practicing because it's really simple material. With the MCAT however..from what I understand, it's much more complicated and you actually have to study a wide variety of materials to do well on it. Whenever I do a reading, or write an essay about something...I always feel like my level is stuck at the middle school level, and I don't know how to improve. Maybe I'm just self conscious, but for some reason I see my self failing in college because it's all based on end of the term tests and papers.

For me, the SAT and the MCAT felt like two completely different tests. I was able to do really well on the SAT with minimal studying. The MCAT is a whole 'nother beast.