SAT/MCAT Correlation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking today - is there any correlation between SAT scores and MCAT scores? If you have taken the MCATs, post your SAT and then your MCAT score here. Also, if you want you can post how many times you took either tests and the breakdown of scores.

I took the SAT once (spring of junior year) and got a 1330 (620 verbal, 710 math). I haven't taken the MCAT yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the SAT once, got a 1580 (780 Math 800 Verbal)
I took the MCAT got a 31S (8 verbal, 12 Physics, 11 Bio, Writing = S)

Maybe theres a correlation (but not for verbal in my case-although in my defense my proctor called time early...grr....), but I think it reflects more about your test taking abilities and how much you put into studying for the exams.

SAT 1360
I migrated to the US in the 11th grade and had no idea what all the fuss was about. I had to take it again a couple of years later and that was 1500+.
MCAT 37

Members don't see this ad :)
SAT: 1080
MCAT: 27-S (10P - 9B - 8 V)

Step 1 of boards (COMLEX and USMLE): >90th percentile

I think it depends on what your strengths are. Saying "I'm not good at standardized tests" is a cop out. Saying you aren't good at calculus, physics, biochemistry, reading comprehension or whatever...thats believable.

Me? I seem to be good at the integration of all the subjects rather than the individual minutia of one concentrated area.

Ahh, I must once again cast the shadow of doubt regarding the correlation of SAT/MCAT...but I'll play along.

MCAT: 29Q
SAT: 1320 (V:610, M:720)

Eep - sorry I posted this in the Pre-Allo forum. I guess it does belong in the MCAT Discussion forum.:oops:
No problem. Welcome. :)

We've discussed this topic several times, and the general consensus was that there really isn't a very strong correlation between the two. You would never have predicted my MCAT score based upon my SAT score, that's for d*** sure. :p

No problem. Welcome. :)

We've discussed this topic several times, and the general consensus was that there really isn't a very strong correlation between the two. You would never have predicted my MCAT score based upon my SAT score, that's for d*** sure. :p

Ditto. :)

Though I do consider myself a good standardized test taker for some reason I absolutely bombed the practice GRE I tried. :eek: Go figure.

I wonder if people's ability to use the search function and MCAT scores correlate?

I was thinking today - is there any correlation between SAT scores and MCAT scores? If you have taken the MCATs, post your SAT and then your MCAT score here. Also, if you want you can post how many times you took either tests and the breakdown of scores.

I took the SAT once (spring of junior year) and got a 1330 (620 verbal, 710 math). I haven't taken the MCAT yet.

SAT: 1600
MCAT: 45

They were both soo easy. I didnt study for either one....and I was an hour late for my mcat and missed the entire physical sciences section.

The MCATs and SATs have a very strong correlation. I got a 200 on both of them for just writing in my name.

SAT: 1600
MCAT: 45

They were both soo easy. I didnt study for either one....and I was an hour late for my mcat and missed the entire physical sciences section.

Yeah, I knew this kid named Rahul Luhar who also did the same but he only got a 14 on Physical Sciences. What was your secret to getting a 15 in 0 minutes?