Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

SAT necessary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jon Davis, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Jon Davis

Jon Davis I killed the bank.
    10+ Year Member

I am a student from another country going to an american university. Since I had the average of above 69% I didnt have to write the SAT. Should I have wrote it anyway? How important is the SAT score? Do med schools care about them?

2. Djanaba

Djanaba Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Only the undergraduate university would care about an SAT score. For medical schools, each is different in what it requires, but they overwhelmingly rely on the MCAT for medical school admissions and never even ask to look at an SAT score. No worries!

3. psi1467

psi1467 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

As mentioned, your SAT score really should have no bearing on your acceptance to medical school. Yet, I was a bit surprised when I was asked out of curiosity how I fared on the SAT and the ACT in a recent interview. Just food for thought.

4. Washington Univ in St. Louis asks for SAT and ACT scores, I don't know what they do with them though.

Imtiaz

5. Nanon

Nanon An urban myth.
    10+ Year Member

Geez, I never took the SAT. I took a modified version of the ACT many moons ago, but that score had nothing to do with me getting into college. From what I've heard though... it's all about the MCAT, baybee.

Nanon