SAT necessary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jon Davis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a student from another country going to an american university. Since I had the average of above 69% I didnt have to write the SAT. Should I have wrote it anyway? How important is the SAT score? Do med schools care about them?

Members don't see this ad.

Only the undergraduate university would care about an SAT score. For medical schools, each is different in what it requires, but they overwhelmingly rely on the MCAT for medical school admissions and never even ask to look at an SAT score. No worries!

As mentioned, your SAT score really should have no bearing on your acceptance to medical school. Yet, I was a bit surprised when I was asked out of curiosity how I fared on the SAT and the ACT in a recent interview. Just food for thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
Washington Univ in St. Louis asks for SAT and ACT scores, I don't know what they do with them though.

Imtiaz

Geez, I never took the SAT. I took a modified version of the ACT many moons ago, but that score had nothing to do with me getting into college. From what I've heard though... it's all about the MCAT, baybee.

Nanon