Saturday Night

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone feel like this has taken over their life? I feel very fortunate to have several interviews, but all of the traveling has me a very lame life right now. I am hoping it will eventually pay off, but are we all signing on for a life this heavy in the 'sacrifice' department? I am waking up really early to travel to another interview - having abandoned my boyfriend and any other friends in order to pack. I feel like I do this too often! And after the interviews, a LOT of waiting until possibly next August! I was looking at that thread on smoking pot in med school and hope that at least means that things get better from here on out. Anyone feeling any of this?

Members don't see this ad.

um, no. :) That's the wonder of having NO interviews. This is really not a good complaint, sorry. In fact, it's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Count your blessings Alice, because you're living in wonderland. I wish I had your problems!

Instead, I've had a measely two interviews, no decisions, and no action in my mailbox for weeks.

Seriously though. A lot of traveling might be a drag, but having a lot of interviews is a GOOD thing. Don't lose sight of that.

Alice pre-clinical years are *hard* then of course are rotations and then hello! Can you say "36 hour shifts"? Working with sick people/mad people/criminal people, and *often we hope* rewarding people. 'The service dept.' is indeed the name of the game.
But hey, there are going (is going?) to be good times in school too and camraderie (I hope) and . . . Well, I'm looking forward to playing a tough game, know what I mean?
Now if I could just remember how to conjugate verbs...