saving notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giddygirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be starting med school this fall so I'm starting to clean out my room and pack for my move. I'm wondering if saving any notes from undergrad classes is helful at all or just a hassle and extra things to move. Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

It really depends on how good your undergrad notes are. Usually, your medical school course will give student enough handout to study on anyway. For instance, the Neuroscience class notes are 3 inches thick for us.

One warning about using your undergrad notes. One of my friends decided to use his undergrad class notes for Biochemistry because he *thought* his notes were more detailed and are better. But the problem is, professors tended to write test questions based on the class notes they give us. So my friend ended up studying on more material than we were required, and didn't focus his attention on the material our professor thought was important.

So I guess it will be a good idea to save your undergrad notes for reference if you encounter information on your class notes that is confusing. But generally medical school professors are friendly and very approachable, so why bother digging thru your undergrad notes when you can just go up to the prof and ask? Just my $0.02 :wink:

It's safe to get rid of them. I kept my notes, but never looked at them once. You'll probably want to keep a few of your basic textbooks though...any of biochem, immunology, mol bio, genetics might be useful.

Notes = garbage

Textbooks like, Alberts Cell, can be helpful at times and you can always offload them later.