Say it ain't so!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the aamc 5R verbal yesterday and got an 11 but my timing was off by a few minutes so i decided to take the TPR test B Verbal today to work on my speed. The test seemed really easy and I thought i'd pretty much killed it.... Then I graded it and got an 8:wow: :wow: :wow: :scared: WTF? I am gonna have a heartattack:(

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Cerberus
I took the aamc 5R verbal yesterday and got an 11 but my timing was off by a few minutes so i decided to take the TPR test B Verbal today to work on my speed. The test seemed really easy and I thought i'd pretty much killed it.... Then I graded it and got an 8:wow: :wow: :wow: :scared: WTF? I am gonna have a heartattack:(

You need to relax. If you did well on AAMC and bad on TPR it's fine. The otherway around would be bad. Heartattack? What's up with that? Have you seen other people's practice scores. Dude, chill out.

Originally posted by OnMyWayThere
You need to relax. If you did well on AAMC and bad on TPR it's fine. The otherway around would be bad. Heartattack? What's up with that? Have you seen other people's practice scores. Dude, chill out.

NO MAN ITS NOT ALLRIGHT THATS WHY I JUST TOOK THIS WHOLE BOTTLE OF PILLS AND SLIT MY WRISTS! LIFE ISNT WORTH LIVING IF YOU ARENT 45T

can't a guy be a little mellow dramatic? Are we to uptight for that here?

Members don't see this ad :)
YOU NEED TO STOP YELLING! CERBERUS!

I took TPR B verbal and got a 7!, which is not what I've been getting, It's safe to say the questions were killers. The reading wasn't too bad... When doing verbal, one of my friends said it best, "If you finish verbal and honestly fell you did well on that section, your in for a BIG disappointment"

NO MAN ITS NOT ALLRIGHT THATS WHY I JUST TOOK THIS WHOLE BOTTLE OF PILLS AND SLIT MY WRISTS! LIFE ISNT WORTH LIVING IF YOU ARENT 45T

can't a guy be a little mellow dramatic? Are we to uptight for that here?

wow...

Woah man, you're fine, just quit tweaking, or you might end up actually give yourself a heart attack. you still have what, like 3 and a half weeks until the test? Anyway, TPR tests are definitely harder than the actual exam, at least in my opinion. Good luck hombre

Don't sweat it cerb, verbal tends to vary widely for me too:

I got a 9 on verbal on my kaplan test 1, got back my kaplan test 2 and i ended up with a 12 (and I didn't really do any extra prep in verbal). I really think doing well on verbal has a lot to do with how lucky you are (and how good a guesser you are too =P)

He was half-joking...

Don't worry, Cerb. You're fine if you got 13-15 on an AAMC. :) Plus, those tests are deliberately harder so that test prep companies can take credit for "improvement."

tpr is the drill sergeant of mcat prep. It just beats you down emotionally until you just comply with whatever it says.

The aamc exams are pretty decent predictors...at least they were last march.

I agree, you totally need to chill out.

Personally, I will be completely satisfied with a 43Q!:laugh:

*smacks farley with Kaplan 45T and steals his admission ticket*

</gunner mode>

*pees in pants* (I dunno.)

and yes, TPR is hard :(
people aren't lying when they say not to take those A-D tests :(

If only i'd known people were saying not to take them!

don't worry I already took A & B.
and I am planning on taking C & D to further my descent into fear, despair, etc. before the 17th.

actually, I'm hoping that the on-deck-circle bat donut analogy holds true for me.

OK, TPR's science workbook has some damn hard passages; especially in physics. Man, i feel worse everytime I take on a hard passage.
Farley, I second your donut analogy

Originally posted by premyo2002
OK, TPR's science workbook has some damn hard passages; especially in physics. Man, i feel worse everytime I take on a hard passage.
Farley, I second your donut analogy

yeah, the damn workbook seems kinda hit or miss... some passages are ridiculously hard, others ridiculously easy. I'm gonna finish it out, though... I only have about 20 or so total passages left.