1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Saying Hello

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by hopkinswannabe, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hopkinswannabe

hopkinswannabe JH Undergraduate

Pre-Medical
    I'm hopkinswannabe (which means I'd be elated to attend Hopkins SoM some time later) and I just want to say hi:)

Currently I'm preparing to attend Hopkins; I got admitted to Johns Hopkins and I am excited for my first year at Wolman!

I found a lot of success with high school standardized tests by collaborating and sharing valuable insights with others in other internet forums, so I hope I get this one over as well with a similar tactic:D

It's kinda a late Hello for me in this forum since my first post was not this one. Anyway, greetings!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FutureDoctor503

FutureDoctor503 A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Congratulations!!!!

Hopkins is my dream school.

4. liveoak

Welcome. if you spread those legs just far enough apart, you will more than likely get the accept you badly wish for.

5. salim271

salim271 Patience is tough. :/
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Lol hopefully that wasnt meant to be as mean as it sounds, live. Welcome Hopkinswannabe, you have more ambition than I ever will. Pleasure to meet you.

Good luck in achieving your dreams :thumbup:

6. macsta

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This is a super weird thread.

7. Remxed

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm a recent JHU grad (2011). If you have any questions about the school, feel free to ask.

My advice about being a premed at Hopkins is don't focus too much on the heavy sciences. Even though JHU is a research/science heavy institution, there are a lot of other areas of interest. Take classes that you normally wouldn't have thought of taking. For example, minoring in Entrepreneurship & Management in addition to whatever major you end up choosing is extremely easy, and the classes you take will have some real world benefit for you in the future.

Don't rush/overload on science courses, especially if you're in the engineering school. They will take over you life and crush your gpa. Balance each semester with 1-2 interesting non-science electives.

Finally, Wolman is separated from the rest of the freshman dorms and is a lot quieter/less social compared to the AMRs. Make some friends from the rest of the dorms, be outgoing, and you're time at Hopkins will be a lot more enjoyable.

Good luck in next 4 years!

8. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thread closed. Not MCAT related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.