Saying Hello

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hopkinswannabe

JH Undergraduate
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm hopkinswannabe (which means I'd be elated to attend Hopkins SoM some time later) and I just want to say hi:)

Currently I'm preparing to attend Hopkins; I got admitted to Johns Hopkins and I am excited for my first year at Wolman!

I found a lot of success with high school standardized tests by collaborating and sharing valuable insights with others in other internet forums, so I hope I get this one over as well with a similar tactic:D

It's kinda a late Hello for me in this forum since my first post was not this one. Anyway, greetings!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome. if you spread those legs just far enough apart, you will more than likely get the accept you badly wish for.

Welcome. if you spread those legs just far enough apart, you will more than likely get the accept you badly wish for.

Lol hopefully that wasnt meant to be as mean as it sounds, live. Welcome Hopkinswannabe, you have more ambition than I ever will. Pleasure to meet you.

Good luck in achieving your dreams :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hopkinswannabe (which means I'd be elated to attend Hopkins SoM some time later) and I just want to say hi:)

Currently I'm preparing to attend Hopkins; I got admitted to Johns Hopkins and I am excited for my first year at Wolman!

I found a lot of success with high school standardized tests by collaborating and sharing valuable insights with others in other internet forums, so I hope I get this one over as well with a similar tactic:D

It's kinda a late Hello for me in this forum since my first post was not this one. Anyway, greetings!

I'm a recent JHU grad (2011). If you have any questions about the school, feel free to ask.

My advice about being a premed at Hopkins is don't focus too much on the heavy sciences. Even though JHU is a research/science heavy institution, there are a lot of other areas of interest. Take classes that you normally wouldn't have thought of taking. For example, minoring in Entrepreneurship & Management in addition to whatever major you end up choosing is extremely easy, and the classes you take will have some real world benefit for you in the future.

Don't rush/overload on science courses, especially if you're in the engineering school. They will take over you life and crush your gpa. Balance each semester with 1-2 interesting non-science electives.

Finally, Wolman is separated from the rest of the freshman dorms and is a lot quieter/less social compared to the AMRs. Make some friends from the rest of the dorms, be outgoing, and you're time at Hopkins will be a lot more enjoyable.

Good luck in next 4 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.