SC law

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrdCJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here taking this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking it on 6/18...Naplex on 6/14.

I am taking it on June 28th, and am NERVOUS!!! How are you studying for it?

I went to the review class in Columbia, so I'm studying that packet of info. I also have a study guide for the cumulative final exam from the law class I had in school and then I read the practice act once through. I think I'll be making a list of numbers (like max quantities and stuff for CS's)...though I'm not sure what to do about the answers to the questions about max quantities since that new law went into place last summer and the lady at the review said she didn't know if the answers had been changed on the exam to reflect that! So confusing- like the MPJE isn't already confusing enough on its own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Kawen-- I'll be taking the SC MPJE in the next month. Coming from NY-- how do you think is best to study for your state's law? Any study guides online?

Just throwing this thread back up to the top. Anyone attend a review class or have any notes they could send me? My SC MPJE is July 11th. Thanks in advance!

I take this exam TOMORROW!! if anyone has any advice, I'm all ears :oops:

How'd the test go DrdCJ?

It was much better than I thought it would be! (But after my Naplex experience I wouldn't have been suprized to have to do mortal combat lol) It started off with some really easy questions.. and it just got progressively harder.. but never too bad. There were a ton of questions that were pretty much a judgement call about the best of two options... but I feel pretty comfortable with it! thanks for asking :)

It was much better than I thought it would be! (But after my Naplex experience I wouldn't have been suprized to have to do mortal combat lol) It started off with some really easy questions.. and it just got progressively harder.. but never too bad. There were a ton of questions that were pretty much a judgement call about the best of two options... but I feel pretty comfortable with it! thanks for asking :)

Can I ask what you ended up studying for the state specific laws? And I'm glad to hear it went so well :)

I think so. It really simplified and condensed a lot of material. But it wasn't all inclusive as far as states go, and it's the same information you can get for free on the internet. I am glad I got it though, because I didn't have a lot of time to prepare.

Basically, they send you about 45 flash cards about federal laws, a handout that is a condensed version of the law survey, and they ask you to review that state statutes twice. that's it.

I just used the handout from the SCPhA class that was at the beginning of May, some study guides from my SC law class and I read the practice act once through and did all those questions in the back of the federal law text. Felt really prepared, thought there were a couple that were worded funny, but mostly thought it was cake. Ended up getting a 94.