1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Schaum's Outlines: Biology (2nd Ed.)

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Dr. Yankem, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Dr. Yankem

Dr. Yankem Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    On Amazon, there is a feature that lets you "look inside" the books you are searching for...so I took a look inside this one...is it just me, or is this book dead on with the biology material covered on the DAT?

Can anyone who has bought this book & written the DAT confirm if this book contains the same scope of biology as the test itself (is it worth a purchase?)....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 714guy

714guy counting down till 5/2012
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I've been reading this book, Its pretty good if you need to just refresh your bio, alot better then the kaplan bio section. Whenever I to understand something more, i just go to campbell. I'd recommend it, can't lose its only 12 bucks.

4. Dr. Yankem

Dr. Yankem Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So it's only good as a "refresher", I mean I'm in a B.Sc program but I haven't taken classes like Ecology and Zoology (nor do I plan to) ...so I would need supplementary material for those sections of the DAT as opposed to simply reading Schaum's ?