Schedualing Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smitty75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the issue I am having:

I'm a senior now in college, and I am trying to schedual my med school interviews so that I don't miss a tremendous amount of classwork. Is it advantagous to schedual interviews as soon as possible? I know that completing an application as soon as possible is important, because it grants you a greater chance of getting an inteview at many schools. Does this same principle apply to interviewing? Specifically at...

SUNY Upstate
SUNY Downstate
NYMC
Georgetown U?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

I hope not because I moved mine later in order to coordinate with multiple schools, some of which I anticipate hearing from within the next few weeks.

What I did was actually scheduling my classes so that I have many days off during the week. So For Fall quarter, I only have class on Tue and Thur, but work every day (It's easier for me to get out of work).

That way I can do interviews on Mondays and Fridays and can still fly back home the night before classes. (Though some schools like Jefferson has very restricted interviewing schedules--Wednesday only)

I actually think that scheduling interviews early will help your application because most schools have rolling admissions. Also, interviewers are excited at the beginning and get tired later in the season. Good luck w/your interviews to everyone!!!!