1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Schedule: CCOM

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by DRMCB, Jan 10, 2002.

1. DRMCB

DRMCB Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

This is a topic that has been discussed generally, but I wonder if any current med students would care to share their "typical" schedule. I'm particularly interested in Chicago area schools and the ones above.
    I'm planning on starting med school in 2004. I am married with one son who is 1 and another on the way. My wife and I hope to keep our kids out of daycare, so she will probably just be working part-time while I'm in school. I also hope to earn a little money in the summers and as time allows. As you can see, I have good reason to be concerned about the schedule in medical school. I would like to find a "family friendly" school with most of the class work completed by noon.

Thanks for the feedback.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. frombeyond

frombeyond New Member

Classes typically are Monday thru Friday 8 am to 4 or 5 pm. There may be somedays that you may finish up by 3 or 4 pm. To tell you the truth, attendance is not mandatory and most students will skip lectures and study on their own.
    Don't get me wrong, classes are taught well, but when you are in class 40 to 50 hours a week something has to give. Most people skip the lectures as I said in order to have somewhat of a normal sleeping pattern. The amount of material that you are required to master is very large and you need to figure out for you, what is the best way to accomplish that task.